Posted to dev@sis.apache.org by Isuranga Perera <is...@gmail.com> on 2018/02/14 18:17:46 UTC

[Dev][GSoC][SIS-391] Implement OGC CSW

Hi All,

I am Isuranga Perera, a final year undergraduate from University of Colombo
School of Computing. I participated GSoC 2017 and worked on WS-Trust
implementation for WSO2 Identity Server. I am looking forward to
participate in GSoC 2018, and this project looks an exciting one for me.

As the first step I went through the developer guide[2] . Currently I'm
going through the Hao's prototype of CSW[1].

Appreciate if you can guide me through next steps of the project.

[1] https://github.com/haonguyen123/sis
[2] http://sis.apache.org/book/en/developer-guide.html

<http://sis.apache.org/book/en/developer-guide.html>
Best Regards
Isuranga Perera

Re: [GSoC][SIS-391] Implement OGC CSW

Posted by Isuranga Perera <is...@gmail.com>.
Hi Martin,

I checked with the Geotk parser. Geo-server [1] provides support for CSW
and it supports CQL/ECQL[2] filtering. So we can simply use Geotk parser or
some custom CQL parser with extended querying capabilities like GeoServer.
So appreciate you can provide some suggestions (what approach you think
suites more).

And about Soap endpoints, instead of using Java JAX-RS implementation we
can use a web services engine like Apache CXF [3] so that we can support
both rest and Soap endpoints easily. AFAIK for SOAP service WSDL First
approach will suite more. Appreciate any suggestions.

[1] https://github.com/geoserver/geoserver
[2] http://docs.geoserver.org/stable/en/user/filter/ecql_reference.html
[3] http://cxf.apache.org/

Best Regards
Isuranga Perera

Posted by Martin Desruisseaux <ma...@geomatys.com>.
Hello Isuranga

Re: [Dev][GSoC][SIS-391] Implement OGC CSW

Posted by Isuranga Perera <is...@gmail.com>.
Hi Martin,

I went through OGC CSW specification and Hao's and Chin's works as well.
Basically Hao has implemented get endpoints. So does the project scope
includes POST and SOAP endpoints as well?
If I'm not mistaken in the prototype implementation filters(e.g. east,
west, north and south bounds) are not yet conform to a standard query
language like CQL so that this task should be included in the project
scope. In addition to that can I know if mapping from Landsat, GeoTIFF and
Modis metadata to ISO 19115 implementaion is complete ( is it support all
informations in metadata. do I have to complete that as well?).

Appreciate if you can clarify those problems.

Best Regards
Isuranga Perera

On Thu, Feb 15, 2018 at 3:04 AM, Martin Desruisseaux <

Posted by Martin Desruisseaux <ma...@geomatys.com>.
Hello Isuranga