Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Olaf van der Spek <Ov...@LIACS.NL> on 2006/01/23 15:35:59 UTC

svnserve.conf - Section header in comments?

Hi,

The default svnserve.conf contains the line "# [general]".
Could you remove the "# "?

This way, users who for example edit anon-access and password-db but
forget to remove the # won't encounter any bad surprises. :)

Greetings,

Olaf

Re: svnserve.conf - Section header in comments?

Posted by Max Bowsher <ma...@ukf.net>.

Re: svnserve.conf - Section header in comments?

Posted by Malcolm Rowe <ma...@farside.org.uk>.
On Mon, Jan 23, 2006 at 07:18:51PM +0000, Julian Foad wrote:
> Olaf van der Spek wrote:
> >
> >The default svnserve.conf contains the line "# [general]".
> >Could you remove the "# "?
> >
> >This way, users who for example edit anon-access and password-db but
> >forget to remove the # won't encounter any bad surprises. :)
>
> +1.  Good plan.  This would be consistent with r11771 which uncommented the
> section names in ~/.subversion/config for the same reason.
>
> Not just "[general]" but also the other section names in that file:
> "[users]" and "[groups]".

Ah, I _knew_ we'd done this somewhere else!  I just couldn't find it.
(Thanks, Julian).

Yes, this is a good idea.

Regards,
Malcolm

Re: svnserve.conf - Section header in comments?

Posted by Julian Foad <ju...@btopenworld.com>.
Olaf van der Spek wrote:

> The default svnserve.conf contains the line "# [general]".
> Could you remove the "# "?
>
> This way, users who for example edit anon-access and password-db but
> forget to remove the # won't encounter any bad surprises. :)

+1.  Good plan.  This would be consistent with r11771 which uncommented the
section names in ~/.subversion/config for the same reason.

Not just "[general]" but also the other section names in that file: "[users]"
and "[groups]".

- Julian