Posted to dev@flink.apache.org by Jing Ge <ji...@ververica.com.INVALID> on 2022/12/16 10:09:36 UTC

[DISCUSS] FLIP-279 Unified the max display column width for SqlClient and Table APi in both Streaming and Batch execMode

Hi Dev,

I'd like to start a discussion about FLIP-279: Unified the max display
column width for SqlClient and Table APi in both Streaming and Batch
execMode[1].

On one side, currently, there is only one ConfigOption
SqlClientOptions.DISPLAY_MAX_COLUMN_WIDTH(sql-client.display.max-column-width')
could be used to configure the value and it only works in a very specific
case. Users need to truly understand it before using it correctly.

On the other side, users want to configure the max display column width
while:

   - using CLI
   - Using Table API
   - Running job in batch execution mode
   - Running job in streaming execution mode

FLIP-279 will try to provide a unified way to address this issue. Looking
forward to your feedback.

Best regards,
Jing

[1]
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/FLINK/FLIP-279+Unified+the+max+display+column+width+for+SqlClient+and+Table+APi+in+both+Streaming+and+Batch+execMode

Re: [DISCUSS] FLIP-279 Unified the max display column width for SqlClient and Table APi in both Streaming and Batch execMode

Posted by Jing Ge <ji...@ververica.com.INVALID>.
Hi Shammon,

Thanks for the feedback. Yes, it will work just like you wished. :)

Best regards,
Jing

Posted by Shammon FY <zj...@gmail.com>.
Hi @Jing Ge