Posted to dev@openmeetings.apache.org by Alexei Fedotov <al...@gmail.com> on 2012/03/14 13:59:34 UTC

Fwd: [Announce] Google Summer of Code 2012

JFYI

From: Carol Smith <ca...@google.com>
Date: Sat, Feb 4, 2012 at 8:44 AM
Subject: [Announce] Google Summer of Code 2012
To: Google Summer of Code Discuss
<go...@googlegroups.com>

Hi all,

We're pleased to announce that Google Summer of Code will be happening
for its eighth year this year. Please check out the blog post [1]
about the program and read the FAQs [2] and Timeline [3] on Melange
for more information.

Please consider translating the presentations and/or flyers into your
native language and submitting them directly to me to post on the
wiki. Localization for our material is integral to reaching the widest
possible audience around the world.

[1] - http://google-opensource.blogspot.com/2012/02/google-summer-of-code-2012-is-on.html
[2] - http://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/document/show/gsoc_program/google/gsoc2012/faqs
[3] - http://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/events/google/gsoc2012

Cheers,
Carol

--
Luciano Resende
http://people.apache.org/~lresende

Re: [Announce] Google Summer of Code 2012

Posted by Alexei Fedotov <al...@gmail.com>.
BTW, to get timely GSoC updates please subscribe to code-awards@apache.org

If we want >1 students, we need more than one official mentor (though
other projects likely won't be happy if we get >2 students anyway).

Any committer can be a mentor (except those who may want to
participate as a student)
Mentors will get nice T-shirts.