Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Vadim Gritsenko <va...@verizon.net> on 2002/06/01 18:05:48 UTC

RE: SSL support of ResourceReader/FileGenerator

> From: Sternath Elmar [mailto:Elmar.Sternath@icn.siemens.de]
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > I try to get files using ResourceReader/FileGenerator
> (cocoon2.0.2/tomcat4.0.3/jdk1.4.0)  :
> >
> >  <map:pipeline>
> > 	<map:match pattern="elster/testhtmls">
> > 	<map:read mime-type="text/html"
> src="https://139.21.207.160:8443/elster/OTTest.html"/>
> > 	</map:match>
> > </map:pipeline>
> >
> > Cocoon server and target server are one and the same instance.
> >
> > When I put the http request directly in my browser, the file is
correctly
> transferred and displayed. As soon as I use the request  in my cocoon
> pipeline, an SSLException SSLHandshakeException unknown_certificate
with
> JDK1.4 occurs in tomcat server. Can anyone tell me if, how and in
which cocoon
> versions SSL is supported for FileGenerator/ResourceReader and how my
problem
> can be solved?

It has nothing to do with cocoon and totally offtopic.

Go to java.sun.com for software and installation tips for SSL.

http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4/docs/guide/security/jsse/JSSERefGuide.html#
Troubleshooting

Vadim

Posted by Vadim Gritsenko <va...@verizon.net>.
> From: bob phillips [mailto:rawdirt@easystreet.com]
>
> this is one difference between the cocoon community and the zope
community:
> The Zope community tries to help people who use the software, rather
than
> immediately shouting off topic.
>
> Using SSL with cocoon should be an important part of the discussion
here, IMO.

>From Cocoon (and any other application using URLConnection) perspective,
https does not differ from http if it configured correctly. Please read
link provided before criticizing.

Vadim

Posted by bob phillips <ra...@easystreet.com>.