Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by antoniol <an...@ieee.org> on 2000/01/21 16:00:00 UTC

Problem on RedHat 6.1 installing + XSP

Hi Folks

   finally I was able to configure and run Cocoon-1.6 on my box
Linux/RedHat 6.1 Apache
   1.3.9 Jserv 1.1 Jdk 1.2.2.

   The key point was changing the line:

   ApJServAction .xml /servlet/org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon

with:

 AddType text/xml .xml
 AddHandler jserv-xml   .xml
 Action jserv-xml /servlet/org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon

Now all examples but xsp run smootly. XSP give me the error:

               Error found handling the request.

              java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: sun/tools/javac/Main
                at
org.apache.cocoon.processor.xsp.language.java.XSPJavaProcessor.compile(XSPJavaProcessor.java,
Compiled Code)
                at
org.apache.cocoon.processor.xsp.XSPProcessor.process(XSPProcessor.java,
Compiled Code)
                at org.apache.cocoon.Engine.handle(Engine.java, Compiled
Code)
                at org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon.service(Cocoon.java,
Compiled Code)
                at
javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java, Compiled Code)
                at
org.apache.jserv.JServConnection.processRequest(JServConnection.java,
Compiled Code)
                at
org.apache.jserv.JServConnection.run(JServConnection.java, Compiled
Code)

compiling by hand the created java code  located under repository dir
e.g., the  _page.java  file gave a warning on
a deprecated interface nothing else ....

Any suggestion ???

Thanks

Giulio

--