Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by David Blomstrom <da...@yahoo.com> on 2005/08/14 22:20:24 UTC

[users@httpd] Where's AddModule mod_rewrite.c?

I just started my first mod_rewrite tutorial when I
got stuck when the instructions directed me to
uncomment the following two lines in my conf file:

LoadModule rewrite_module modules/mod_rewrite.so
AddModule mod_rewrite.c

The problem is I can't find the second line. So would
it be OK to just uncomment the first line, then add
the second line immediately after it, as in the
example above?

I know, I can just "try it," but I don't know enough
about mod_rewrite to know if I succeeded after I
restart my computer. I probably won't be able to tell
if mod_rewrite is running until I actually write and
apply some mod_rewrite rules.

I just want to make sure I get off on the right foot. Thanks.

Re: [users@httpd] Where's AddModule mod_rewrite.c?

Posted by David Blomstrom <da...@yahoo.com>.
--- Joshua Slive <js...@gmail.com> wrote:

> If you are using apache httpd 2.x then AddModule is
> not necessary (and
> not allowed).

Ah, that explains why it knocked out all my sites when
I tried it. I'll go back and add just the first line.

Posted by Joshua Slive <js...@gmail.com>.
On 8/14/05, David Blomstrom <da...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I just started my first mod_rewrite tutorial when I
> got stuck when the instructions directed me to
> uncomment the following two lines in my conf file:
>
> LoadModule rewrite_module modules/mod_rewrite.so
> AddModule mod_rewrite.c
>
> The problem is I can't find the second line. So would
> it be OK to just uncomment the first line, then add
> the second line immediately after it, as in the
> example above?

If you are using apache httpd 2.x then AddModule is not necessary (and
not allowed).

Joshua.