Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Eduardo Franco <ed...@pulso.com.br> on 2003/07/15 02:02:10 UTC

Re: mod isapi

I think the better question would be: Since when I can't use mod_isapi under
Linux?

If I can compile it as a shared object... why not use it?!

I perfect use case for this would be:

I've a product for WIN + IIS it's a ISAPI extension/filter, now I've to
por it to Linux + Apache... to don't split my product into two components...
I decided to port the ISAPI extension/filter to linux and run it on mod_isapi
+ mod_filter (module I'd created to emulate the ISAPI filter).

Now it's just one Project for two plataforms... it's wonderful to manage!
:)

Ok! I'm a lunatic... but it save me a lot of time... But try it out with
gcc + Windows... you'll see the same error. It's a problem o language standard
not OS specific!

And the signature of the function in mod_isapi.h is different from the ISAPI
specification! Wich require a return type of int!

Best,

Eduardo Franco

Re: mod isapi

Posted by Eduardo Franco <ed...@pulso.com.br>.
Hi Bill!

I have to thank you and the people who worked in that module for the great
job! I'll wait for the next release!

Just another thing....

I was just wondering if there's any effort to create a module that emulate
the behaviour of the ISAPI filter. I had created a simple module, but it's
not fully implemented... it just emulate the SF_NOTIFY_PREPROC_HEADERS
event... the only one that I was using.

If there's anyone already working in anything similar, and need some help
with that, it would be nice to help!

Best,

--
Eduardo Franco

Re: mod isapi

Posted by Cliff Woolley <jw...@virginia.edu>.
On Tue, 15 Jul 2003, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:

>   thank you for making my day yesterday with your post :-)  And your
> great retort to Cliff ;->  I specifically redesigned isapi for exactly the
> case you are describing.

/me grins ;)

Hey, if it works, it works... that was just news to me.  :-)

Re: mod isapi

Posted by "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>.
Eduardo,