Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Dan Fabulich <da...@fabulich.com> on 2009/04/13 08:20:13 UTC

Re: [VOTE] Release of DbUtils 1.2 RC3

Took me a few weeks, but I finally got around to installing a free
instance of Oracle (Express Edition 10.2) and testing the null handling
code we introduced in DbUtils 1.2 (DBUTILS-31).

Sure enough, there's a bug, DBUTILS-55, but I don't think it's very
important, since it's not a regression; it was there in DbUtils 1.1 and
nobody appears to have noticed or cared.  :-)  Also, I have no idea how we
could possibly fix it, since Oracle's JDBC driver doesn't support
ParameterMetaData.getParameterType.

With that done, and having tested successfully with Apache Derby, I'm now
prepared to give RC3 my +1.  I believe we also already have a +1 from
Joerg Schaible, so we still need two more binding +1s to release.

-Dan

Posted by Jörg Schaible <jo...@gmx.de>.
Dan Fabulich wrote at Donnerstag, 16. April 2009 22:06:

> We have a +1 from Liam Coughlin, but still need two more binding (PMC) +1s
> to release.

No, you had two +1 from Liam and me.

- Jörg

Re: [VOTE] Release of DbUtils 1.2 RC3

Posted by Dan Fabulich <da...@fabulich.com>.

Posted by Liam Coughlin <ls...@gmail.com>.
+1 i suppose.

Same issue occurs with oracle 11g drivers as well, but you're correct, it's
not a regression -- I hadn't really noticed it because bizzarely, i'm using
the data direct drivers and they don't show the issue.

The issue's been raised on oracles forums a couple of times.

My kingdom for a typed null.

-shrug-