Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Radim Kolar <hs...@filez.com> on 2012/08/29 16:38:38 UTC

Spring - cassandra

is author of Spring - Cassandra here? I am interested in getting this
merged into upstream spring. They have cassandra support on their todo
list.

Re: Spring - cassandra

Posted by Brian O'Neill <bo...@gmail.com>.
Yes.  I'm in contact with Oliver Gierke and Erez Mazor of Spring Data.

We are working on two fronts:
1) Spring Data support via JPA (using Kundera underneath)
	- Initial attempt here:
http://brianoneill.blogspot.com/2012/07/spring-data-w-cassandra-using-jpa.h
tml
	- Most recently (an hour ago): The issues w/ MetaModel are fixed, now
waiting on an enhancement to the EntityManager to fully support type
queries.

For this one, we're in a holding pattern until Kundera is fully JPA
compliant.

2) Spring Data support via Astyanax
	- The project I'm working below should mimic Spring Data MongoDB's
approach and capabilities, allowing people to use Spring Data with
Cassandra without the constraints of JPA.  I'd love some help working on
the project.  Once we have it functional we should be able to push it to
Spring. (with Oliver's help)

Go ahead and fork.  Feel free to email me directly so we don't spam this
list.
(or setup a googlegroup just in case others want to contribute)

-brian

---
Brian O'Neill
Lead Architect, Software Development
Apache Cassandra MVP

Health Market Science
The Science of Better Results
2700 Horizon Drive € King of Prussia, PA € 19406
M: 215.588.6024 € @boneill42 <http://www.twitter.com/boneill42>  €
healthmarketscience.com

This information transmitted in this email message is for the intended
recipient only and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. If
you received this email in error and are not the intended recipient, or
the person responsible to deliver it to the intended recipient, please
contact the sender at the email above and delete this email and any
attachments and destroy any copies thereof. Any review, retransmission,
dissemination, copying or other use of, or taking any action in reliance
upon, this information by persons or entities other than the intended
recipient is strictly prohibited.

Re: Spring - cassandra

Posted by Radim Kolar <hs...@filez.com>.

Re: Spring - cassandra