Posted to dev@wink.apache.org by Kevan Miller <ke...@gmail.com> on 2010/12/16 17:57:18 UTC

graduation?

I'd be interested in hearing the community's views about graduation. I'd be prepared to support graduation, but will take work by the community to make this happen. So, I'd like to see some progress towards graduating.

--kevan

Re: graduation?

Posted by Mike Rheinheimer <ro...@apache.org>.
Agree.  +1

I'll be glad to drive this bus.

mike

Re: graduation?

Posted by Bryant Luk <br...@gmail.com>.

Re: graduation?

Posted by Raymond Feng <en...@gmail.com>.
+1.

Re: graduation?

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Jan 13, 2012 at 1:18 AM, ant elder <an...@apache.org> wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 12, 2012 at 6:35 PM, Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Those other small poddlings have so far at least had three active
>>> committers, thats not the case with Wink where its a bit of a stretch
>>> to describe the two who are about as "active". Maybe you could ask
>>> specifically about Wink and what to do on on general@ but having a bit
>>> more activity here would make the graduation decision easier.
>>>
>>>  ...ant
>>
>> I tend to agree with you that Wink is more on the border line, but I'd
>> think more towards graduating then retiring. Also, looking at past six
>> months, there is actually at least three committers that have
>> contributed some code or helped users applying patches.
>>

> Active committers in the last six months shows just two:
> http://svnsearch.org/svnsearch/repos/ASF/search?from=20110713&path=%2Fincubator%2Fwink
> (and one of those has only done a single commit), and there's no other
> active on the dev list that i could see, is there other activity
> somewhere I'm missing? I don't want to see Wink retired either but
> that doesn't look like enough activity to sustain a TLP.

Ok, it seems that I was looking at the commits archive and jumped back
to 2010, instead of 2011.

> Starting the JAX-RS 2.0 work seems like a good idea to try to attract
> new people, why not try that for a while?
>
>   ...ant

Yes, I saw that Raymond posted a related suggestion to start working
on JAX-RS 2.0. Let's see how it goes.

[1] http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-wink-commits/

--
Luciano Resende
http://people.apache.org/~lresende

Re: graduation?

Posted by ant elder <an...@apache.org>.

Re: graduation?

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.

[1] http://markmail.org/message/sp7doxbcozs6hv26

Re: graduation?

Posted by ant elder <an...@gmail.com>.

Re: graduation?

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Dec 21, 2010 at 2:27 PM, Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 16, 2010 at 8:57 AM, Kevan Miller <ke...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I'd be interested in hearing the community's views about graduation. I'd be prepared to support graduation, but will take work by the community to make this happen. So, I'd like to see some progress towards graduating.
>>
>> --kevan
>>

> I definitely want to see Wink graduate. As for concrete steps, I'd
> suggest that we start updating the project status page [1], which does
> not reflect the current releases, community updates, etc.  Also, how
> diverse is the Wink community ? I know couple of independent
> committers were added recently, but AFAIK, for graduation, the IPMC
> really looks like for PPMC diversity.
>
> [1] http://incubator.apache.org/projects/wink.html

Considering all the discussion around small but happy podlings and the
encouragement for these podlings to graduate, I have updated the Wink
project status page (at least a great part of it), and will be working
on the necessary steps towards getting the project ready for
Graduation. I'll also work on a draft resolution for us to review, as
described on the Graduation steps in [2].

[1] http://incubator.apache.org/projects/wink.html
[2] http://incubator.apache.org/guides/graduation.html#requirements

Re: graduation?

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.