Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by mu...@swiftdsl.com.au on 2004/04/14 02:53:48 UTC

Problems decrypting in Mailet

Hi All,
    I am having some problems decrypting a value in a mailet ONLY within
James. The same code works when using a test class and simple running
it, however in the event I receive an email from a specific user I get
a ClassNotFoundError in James. The following is the code I am using in
my Mailet

package hieforums;

import java.io.*;
import org.apache.mailet.*;
import security.*;

public class HIEForumsMailet extends GenericMailet
{
  public boolean checkEmailValidity(String encryptedValue)
  {
    try
    {
      String decryptedValue = new DesEncrypter(new File("C:\\Program
Files\\Tomcat 5.0\\webapps\\system.dat")).decrypt(encryptedValue);

      System.out.println(decryptedValue);

      return true;
    }
    catch(IOException e)
    {
      e.printStackTrace();
      return false;
    }
    catch(ClassNotFoundException e)
    {
      e.printStackTrace();
      return false;
    }
  }

  public void service(Mail mail)
  {
    try
    {
      String message = mail.getMessage().getContent().toString();
      String encryptedValue = message.substring(message.indexOf("¦²n")+3,
message.length()).replaceAll("\n", "").replaceAll("\r", "").trim();
      checkEmailValidity(encryptedValue);
    }
    catch(Exception e)
    {
e.printStackTrace();
    }
  }
}

Attached is the encryption class DesEncrypter. Does james restrict the
available API or uses a cut down version or something? Any help on this
would be greatly appreciated as this is a rather frustrating problem.

Kindest Regards,
    Matt Anderson

Re: Problems decrypting in Mailet

Posted by Serge Knystautas <se...@lokitech.com>.
muss@swiftdsl.com.au wrote:
> Hi All,
>     I am having some problems decrypting a value in a mailet ONLY within
> James. The same code works when using a test class and simple running
> it, however in the event I receive an email from a specific user I get
> a ClassNotFoundError in James. The following is the code I am using in
> my Mailet
>
> package hieforums;
>
> import java.io.*;
> import org.apache.mailet.*;
> import security.*;

I would assume that you're missing a dependent class(es) or library(s).
  What version of James are you using, and how are you bundling the
dependencies?  I would recommend you use the 2.2.x test builds and take
advantage of the SAR-INF/lib and SAR-INF/classes as for 2.1.3 and
before, you had to bundle all your classes into the james.sar.

--
Serge Knystautas
President