Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org> on 2017/05/31 14:40:36 UTC

[CANCEL][VOTE] Release Compress Antlib 1.5 based on RC1

Hi all

I've just realized that the ivy.xml file I've published to Nexus has
completely different coordinates from the one used in earlier
releases. It used to be

    <info organisation="org/apache"
          module="ant" ...>
        <artifact name="ant-compress" ...

for 1.5 RC1 it is

    <info organisation="Apache Ant"
          module="ant-compress" ...>
        <artifact name="ant-compress" ...

and the current master branch would create

    <info organisation="org.apache.ant"
          module="ant-compress"
         <artifact name="ant-compress" ...

I'm not sure whether anybody uses Ivy to obtain the antlib, but if they
do it is certainly broken by that change. Neither 1.5 RC1 nor master look
correct to me.

I'm on the fence whether organization should be org/apache or org.apache
but given Ant itself uses the slash version and the Compress Antlib has
done so before I'm inclined to go with that.

Stefan

Re: [CANCEL][VOTE] Release Compress Antlib 1.5 based on RC1

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On 2017-05-31, Gintautas Grigelionis wrote:

> Luckily, all the old poms have correct coordinates :-) They MUST be the
> same in pom.xml and ivy.xml

Well. Ironically the folks working on Ant libs are more familiar with
Maven then with Ivy, at least I am.

After re-reading the Ivy docs I fully have to agree with

>> the master is correct and all previous coordinates as well as RC1 are
>> wrong.

and will start a separate thread for this.

Posted by Gintautas Grigelionis <g....@gmail.com>.
Luckily, all the old poms have correct coordinates :-) They MUST be the
same in pom.xml and ivy.xml

Gintas

Posted by Gintautas Grigelionis <g....@gmail.com>.
Hi,