Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by cagerhon <ca...@ms9.url.com.tw> on 2004/04/26 08:26:53 UTC

Have doubts about Doc/Lit with axis

Dear All,

I have some problems with axis 1.2 beta sending Doc/Lit messages.

I am using the wsdl below to generate client stub and produce messages to send
to server,
but axis seems not able to find the correct method to invoke or may
get null value in the parameter of "cccOp" method of "APortTypeSOAPBindingImpl"
class.

the message on the wire looks like this:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
 <soapenv:Body>
  <ccc xmlns="abcde">
   <add>http://ibm.com.tw/test/me</add>
  </ccc>
 </soapenv:Body>
</soapenv:Envelope>

does any one know how to do the right Doc/Lit programming with axis 1.2 beta?
or is there anything wrong with my way?
Any asnwer will be very appriciated.

Thanks in advance.

Sincerely,
Hong

Ps. below is the wsdl I am using.

<wsdl:definitions xmlns:wsdl="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/"
xmlns:wsdlsoap="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/soap/" name=""
xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" targetNamespace="abcde">

 <wsdl:types>
  <xsd:schema targetNamespace="abcde"

 <xsd:complexType name="aType">
  <xsd:sequence>
   <xsd:element name="add" type="xsd:anyURI"/>
  </xsd:sequence>
 </xsd:complexType>
 <xsd:element name="ccc" type="abcde:aType"/>

  </xsd:schema>
 </wsdl:types>

  <wsdl:message name="ccc">
    <wsdl:part name="parameters" element="abcde:ccc"/>
  </wsdl:message>

  <wsdl:portType name="APortType">
    <wsdl:operation name="cccOp">
      <wsdl:input name="ccc" message="abcde:ccc"/>
    </wsdl:operation>
  </wsdl:portType>

   <wsdl:binding name="APortTypeSOAPBindingImpl" type="abcde:APortType">
      <wsdlsoap:binding style="document"
      <wsdl:operation name="cccOp">
         <wsdlsoap:operation soapAction=""/>
         <wsdl:input>
            <wsdlsoap:body use="literal"/>
         </wsdl:input>
      </wsdl:operation>
   </wsdl:binding>

   <wsdl:service name="AService">
      <wsdl:port binding="abcde:APortTypeSOAPBindingImpl" name="A">
         <wsdlsoap:address location=http://localhost:8080/my/services/A/>
      </wsdl:port>
   </wsdl:service>
</wsdl:definitions>

RE: Have doubts about Doc/Lit with axis

Posted by Jo...@genpt.com.
I did...

http://nagoya.apache.org/jira/browse/AXIS-1331

Nelson Minar <ne...@monkey.org>
04/26/2004 02:28 PM
Please respond to
axis-user@ws.apache.org

axis-user@ws.apache.org
cc

Subject

Joe Rattz said:
>Dave, I had a lot of problems too, specially with 1.2 beta, so I reverted

>back to 1.1.  I know I have seen a lot that makes its support of doc/lit
>look inadequate, but once I finally got the right WSDL, it did work.

Could you please, please file bug reports about the problems you're
seeing? The Axis team is doing a great job of fixing bugs as they get
1.2beta ready for a full 1.2 release. They're doing free work for you!
All you have to do is file a meaningful problem report.

Information about filing bugs is here:
  http://ws.apache.org/axis/bugs.html

I've been very impressed with how fast bugs I file are fixed.

PS - for what it's worth, Axis 1.2 beta is working well for me with
document/literal wrapped services.

WSDD class deployment and Interface/Implementation deployment

Posted by shaun lim <ps...@yahoo.com>.
Hi guys..

Before i hopped on to the axis bandwagon i was playing around(okay maybe struggling is a better word) with JWSDP. In JWSDP, web services are written with an Interface class and an Implementation class that implements that Interface.

However, in axis, i noticed that a web service can be generated from a normal Java class. Is that the recommended way of doing it? It does seem a lot easier ..

The Axis way of implementing with Interface/Implementation classes seem to me, a newbie, confusing. I know that I'm supposed to use the Java2WSDL tool. Fine, and my implementation class gets ignored, with axis prompting me to edit the *SOAPBindingImpl file. I assume I just have to cut and paste the contents of my original Implementation class over? Really confused .. and what do i do with all the Java files? Compiling them gives me about 15 errors, mostly about being unable to find packages and functions. Probably due to the fact that my implementation class calls some other classes in other packages.

I realise that i'm asking a lot of basic things, but i can't find many tutorials that go far beyond jws deployment. Any help?

And apart from a somewhat suspicious macromedia tutorial on jsp web clients, I have been unable to find any tutorials on developing servlet/jsp based clients.

Many thanks for taking time to read a newbie's rants. Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Have a nice day guys. I have 8 days before the end of my school project, looks like I won't be having a very nice day.. =\

RE: Have doubts about Doc/Lit with axis

Posted by Anne Thomas Manes <an...@manes.net>.
For the most part, I concur with Jim. If you want to create an RMI-style
programming interface, always use wrapped/literal. On the other hand, if you
want to send a predefined schema (such as a standard schema defined by your
favorite vertical industry group), you may need to use Document/Literal --
particularly if the schema contains attributes. Wrapped/Literal simulates
the RPC style, and it doesn't permit attributes.

Just to be clear, I don't believe that Axis is all that buggy when it comes
to wrapped/literal. Certainly lots of folks have been able to get it to
work. If there are bugs, then I think they're fairly obscure (only occur
with unusual structures, etc). If you do find bugs, then please report them.

I think a lot of the so-called "bugs" that people are finding may in fact be
user error.

When using either wrapped or document literal, there is at most one body
part for input and at most one body part for output. You do *not* define the
individual parameters as separate parts in your message definition.

But that doesn't mean that you can't use wrapped style if you have more than
one argument -- you can.

You must define your input and output parameters as element structures in
the <types> section. From David's description, it sounds like he tried to
define a doc/literal service specifying two input parts and one output part,
and this won't work. *It's not supposed to.*

What follows is a WSDL that defines a simple add operation that takes two
ints in and returns an int using Wrapped/Literal. This WSDL permits you to
invoke the service like this:

         int result = addProxy.add( "1", "2" );

This WSDL demonstrates the Wrapped programming convention. Notice that the
portType defines an operation called "add". It takes the "addRequest"
message in and returns the "addResponse" message out. The "addRequest"
message has one body part called "parameters" (in Axis this name is not
important, but .NET requires this name for Wrapped style). It references an
element called "add". The name of this input element must be the same as the
operation name. The "add" element is defined as a complex type that is a
sequence of two elements (the input parameters), "arg1" and "arg2", which
are both defined as ints. This complex type must be defined as a sequence of
elements.

<?xml version='1.0'?>
<wsdl:definitions name='addWrappedLiteral'
    targetNamespace='urn:add'
    xmlns:soap='http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/soap/'
    xmlns:wsdl='http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/'
    xmlns:types='urn:add/types'
    xmlns:intf='urn:add'>

  <wsdl:types>
    <xsd:schema elementFormDefault="qualified"
        targetNamespace='urn:add/types'
        xmlns:xsd='http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema'>
      <xsd:element name="add" type="types:add_t"/>
      <xsd:element name="result" type="xsd:int"/>
      <xsd:complexType name="add_t">
        <sequence>
          <xsd:element name="arg1" type="xsd:int"/>
          <xsd:element name="arg2" type="xsd:int"/>
        </sequence>
      </complexType>
    </xsd:schema>
  </wsdl:types>

  <wsdl:message name='addRequest'>
    <wsdl:part name='parameters' element='types:add'/>
  </wsdl:message>
  <wsdl:message name='addResponse'>
    <wsdl:part name='parameters' element='types:result'/>
  </wsdl:message>

  <wsdl:portType name='addPT'>
    <wsdl:operation name='add'>
      <wsdl:input message='intf:addRequest'/>
      <wsdl:output message='intf:addResponse'/>
    </wsdl:operation>
  </wsdl:portType>

  <wsdl:binding name='addSoapBinding' type='intf:addPT'>
    <soap:binding
       transport='http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/http'
       style='document'/>
    <wsdl:operation name='add'>
      <soap:operation soapAction='urn:add'/>
      <wsdl:input>
        <soap:body use='literal'/>
      </wsdl:input>
      <wsdl:output>
        <soap:body use='literal'/>
      </wsdl:output>
    </wsdl:operation>
  </wsdl:binding>

  <wsdl:service name='addService'>
    <wsdl:port name='addSoapPort' binding='intf:addSoapBinding'>
      <soap:address location='...'/>
    </wsdl:port>
  </wsdl:service>

</wsdl:definitions>

Regards,
Anne

Posted by Jim Murphy <jm...@mindreef.com>.
Shantanu,

Posted by Shantanu Sen <ss...@pacbell.net>.

Posted by David Thielen <da...@windward.net>.

Posted by Shantanu Sen <ss...@pacbell.net>.

Posted by David Thielen <da...@windward.net>.

Posted by Nelson Minar <ne...@monkey.org>.

RE: CapeScience SOA Editor URL [Re: Have doubts about Doc/Lit with axis

Posted by Anne Thomas Manes <an...@manes.net>.
www.capeclear.com is the Cape Clear corporate site.

Anne

Posted by Aleksander Slominski <as...@cs.indiana.edu>.
hi,

Dario Di Minno wrote:

> I had problems too, but I solved them with the help of the "SOA Editor",
> a wsdl editor and validator that you can download for free at
> www.capeclear.com
> because it returned some warnings in my "not-so-perfect" wsdl files!!
> so I used it
> to fix my wsdl files. Try it!
>
> Dario
>

> Joe_Rattz@genpt.com ha scritto:
>
>>Dave, I had a lot of problems too, specially with 1.2 beta, so I reverted
>>back to 1.1.  I know I have seen a lot that makes its support of doc/lit
>>look inadequate, but once I finally got the right WSDL, it did work.  I
>>have a java client that can call it and a .NET program that can.  The
>>trick seems to be getting the right WSDL.  If  you look back at the last
>>message Anne Thomas Manes sent me with WSDL, that WSDL worked.  Perhaps
>>you can modify it to meet your needs?  Just an idea.  Good luck.
>>

>>"David Thielen" <da...@windward.net>
>>04/26/2004 09:09 AM
>>Please respond to
>>axis-user@ws.apache.org

>><ax...@ws.apache.org>
>>cc
>>
>>Subject
>>RE: Have doubts about Doc/Lit with axis
>>

>>I tried and tried and tried to get doc/literal to work - and finally gave
>>up. I think it just has too many problems still.
>>
>>- dave

Thanks for the suggestion.  I am done now, but I had a better tool anyway
... Anne Thomas Manes!

Dario Di Minno <da...@yahoo.it>
04/26/2004 10:23 AM

Posted by Dario Di Minno <da...@yahoo.it>.

Posted by David Thielen <da...@windward.net>.

Posted by Jim Murphy <jm...@mindreef.com>.

Posted by Anne Thomas Manes <an...@manes.net>.
You have not declared a namespace for your targetNamespace, so your
references to elements defined in your WSDL aren't valid.

Add the following namespace declaration to your <definitions> element:

xmlns:abcde="abcde"

Anne