Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Marcus Brito <pa...@animegaiden.com.br> on 2002/11/26 12:46:45 UTC

Error generating WSDL

Hello, folks.

I'm trying to deploy a Stateless Session Bean as a web service using
Axis and JBoss. However, to this date I've been unsuccessful. There are
a couple of problems, I'll post about them here one by one. The first
problem I encountered was being unable to generate WSDL for the web
service using the ?wsdl query parameter. Here's what I get:

There are two files attached to this message. The first one
(stack-trace.txt) is the stack trace I get when trying to access the
service?wsdl URL. The second one (web-service.xml) is the WSDD for this
service. I hope it's ok to send attachments to this list. They are small
anyway and copying them in the body message would mess up formatting and
make them much harder to read (making much harder for you to help me).

Environment: JBoss 3.2.0beta2 + Apache Axis snapshot from 2002-11-25.
I'm aware that this is a pretty unstable environment, but I don't think
the problem is with JBoss integration. I've first tried to run using the
Axis version bundled with JBoss (RC1, I think), but I ran into a bug
that some mailing list messages pointed that was solved in more recent
builds, so I updated the Axis libraries.

--
Pazu <pa...@animegaiden.com.br>

Same types considered incompatibles

Posted by Marcus Brito <pa...@animegaiden.com.br>.
Here we go, once again. I've messed a lot since my last error, and my
previous error disappeared. However, I've got a new one, still related
to some type strangeness. Axis seems to consider a type as incompatible
with itself.

This is what happens when I try to access the service:

faultString: Tried to invoke method public abstract
com.telebahiacelular.movistore.acao.value.AcaoPKModel
com.telebahiacelular.movistore.acao.interfaces.Acao.inserir(com.telebahiacelular.movistore.acao.value.AcaoModel)
throws javax.ejb.CreateException,java.rmi.RemoteException with arguments
com.telebahiacelular.movistore.acao.value.AcaoModel.  The arguments do
not match the signature.

The service is actually a Stateless Session Bean deployed on JBoss. See

Attached goes:

1) The SOAP request and response, as captured by tcpmon
2) The complete fault stack trace
3) The service WSDD descriptor
4) The service interface
5) The client source code

Environment: JBoss 3.2.0beta2 + Apache Axis 2002-11-26 interim drop.

--
Pazu <pa...@animegaiden.com.br>

SAX Exception while using complex types: Bad types

Posted by Marcus Brito <pa...@animegaiden.com.br>.
Hello again, folks. Here is the second problem I'm having while trying
to access a Stateless Session Bean as a web service using JBoss and
Axis. I hope your MUA can show this message in the same thread as my

Here is the problem: after being able to generate the WSDL for the
service (thanks to Cédric Chabanois for the helping me), I tried to
write a DII client to invoke the service. However, something goes wrong
again and all I get is an AxisFault. Attached goes:

1) The full stack trace;
2) The WSDL (generated by axis using ?wsdl) for the service;
3) The Service interface (an EJB remote interface);
4) The DII client source code.

I'm willing to provide any further information. I've seen that the axis
generate a lot of logging information during the call. I haven't
included it here due it's sheer volume (aronud ~60k for just a single
call), but I could provide it if needed.

--
Pazu <pa...@animegaiden.com.br>