Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Derek <dh...@yahoo.com> on 2005/03/03 05:22:21 UTC

Unable to initialize TldLocationsCache: no !/ in spec

Ok, I've searched the archives and Googled for this, but I can't find
the answer.

If I create a page with the following at the top:

<%@ taglib prefix="c" uri="http://java.sun.com/jsp/jstl/core" %>

and save it in the root of my web site, it executes just fine.

If I create a subdirectory and have the exact same line (or any taglib
directive), I get the following error:

org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Unable to initialize
TldLocationsCache: no !/ in spec

org.apache.jasper.compiler.TldLocationsCache.init(TldLocationsCache.java
:248)

org.apache.jasper.compiler.TldLocationsCache.getLocation(TldLocationsCac
he.java:219)

org.apache.jasper.JspCompilationContext.getTldLocation(JspCompilationCon
text.java:475)
	org.apache.jasper.compiler.Parser.parseTaglibDirective(Parser.java:417)
	org.apache.jasper.compiler.Parser.parseDirective(Parser.java:483)
	org.apache.jasper.compiler.Parser.parseElements(Parser.java:1539)
	org.apache.jasper.compiler.Parser.parse(Parser.java:126)

org.apache.jasper.compiler.ParserController.doParse(ParserController.jav
a:220)

org.apache.jasper.compiler.ParserController.parse(ParserController.java:
101)
	org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.generateJava(Compiler.java:203)
	org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java:461)
	org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java:442)
	org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java:430)

org.apache.jasper.JspCompilationContext.compile(JspCompilationContext.ja
va:511)

org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.ja
va:274)
	org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:
292)
	org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:236)
	javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:810)

What am I doing wrong?  I'm using Tomcat 5.0.25 on Mac OS X.  I do have
other sites setup the exact same way on the same machine and I can
create files in subdirectories without a problem.  I can't  think of
anything that I did different with this setup.

What other information could I provide that would be useful?

I really appreciate any advice.

Thanks!
Derek

Re: Unable to initialize TldLocationsCache: no !/ in spec

Posted by Derek <dh...@yahoo.com>.
I hate answering myself, but in case anyone else runs across this
error, I left the system sit overnight, rebooted Tomcat and everything
was happy again.  I'm not quite sure what happened.

Derek