Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Furkan KAMACI <fu...@gmail.com> on 2014/05/07 21:04:33 UTC

Solrj Default Data Format

Hi;

I am testing Solrj. I use Solr 4.5.1 and HttpSolrServer for my test. I just
generate some SolrInputDocuments and call add method of server to add them.
When  I track the request I see that data is at XML format instead of
javabin. Do I miss anything?

Thanks;
Furkan KAMACI

Re: Solrj Default Data Format

Posted by Furkan KAMACI <fu...@gmail.com>.
Hi;

I have resolved my problem. I think that there is another problem with
Solrj. I will send it another thread.

Thanks;
Furkan KAMACI

Posted by Michael Della Bitta <mi...@appinions.com>.
Hi Furkan,

If I were to guess, the XML format is more cross-compatible with different
versions of SolrJ. But it might not be intentional.

In any case, feeding your SolrServer a BinaryResponseParser will switch it
over to javabin.

Michael Della Bitta

Applications Developer

o: +1 646 532 3062