Posted to dev@qpid.apache.org by Robert Godfrey <ro...@gmail.com> on 2009/07/21 00:30:58 UTC

[Java Broker] Exploratory 0-10 work on Branch

Hi All,

those of you who follow commits religiously will have noticed that
earlier today I created a branch to do some exploratory work on
implementing AMQP 0-10 in the Java Broker.  Mostly this is because I
want to think about how we can implement multiple versions of AMQP in
the Java Broker - looking forward to AMQP1-0  0-10 has the advantage
of being complete, so it's kind of easier to work out how to support
two protocols using that :-)

Right now I'm mostly just hacking around to see how hard it would be
to get the broker speaking 0-10 - not aiming at any sort of releasable
work for a long time.

Anyway, after a couple of days of work there's enough there to get
messages into queues and to create subscriptions and have a message
sent back (almost)... But there's a lot of fiddly things with
accept/acquire modes, flow control, etc that I haven't even thought
about yet... Plus I've not hooked in transactions, or persistence...
Nor have I begun thinking about how conversion between 0-8 and 0-10
messages would happen...

I'll try to post an update when there's a bit more to see,

Cheers,
Rob

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org

Re: [Java Broker] Exploratory 0-10 work on Branch

Posted by Aidan Skinner <ai...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Jul 20, 2009 at 11:30 PM, Robert Godfrey<ro...@gmail.com> wrote:

> those of you who follow commits religiously will have noticed that
> earlier today I created a branch to do some exploratory work on
> implementing AMQP 0-10 in the Java Broker.  Mostly this is because I
> want to think about how we can implement multiple versions of AMQP in
> the Java Broker - looking forward to AMQP1-0  0-10 has the advantage
> of being complete, so it's kind of easier to work out how to support
> two protocols using that :-)

I'm going to take this opportunity to do a bit of experimentation with
the network stuff I've been writing up at
http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/qpid/Network+IO+Interface
multiple protocol drivers and multiple network drivers will help show
up what's really needed quickly. :)

- Aidan

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org