Posted to user@struts.apache.org by navin mca <na...@yahoo.com> on 2006/10/17 16:05:46 UTC

UTF-8 encoding & tag problem

Hi Team,

  My current project is supporting charachter encoding IS0-8859 and now we have to support UTF-8.

  for that I had made following changes

  1) in all jsp files
  <%@page pageEncoding="UTF-8" contentType="text/html; charset=UTF-8"%>

  2) in all html

  <META http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">

  Now I had pasted some UTF-8 charachters in application resources file.

  But In JSP page I m getting problem where text is picking up from resource bundle.

  I m using <bean:message tag and when It picking up the UTF-8 charachter it is displaying '?'.

  Wht should I do?

  Help me.

  I know that there should be some machanism needed to make the <bean:message tag to understand that It has to decode the text as UTF-8.

  Do I need to save the application properties file with Encoding UTF-8?...wht else?

  Hope you undersand my problem.

  regards,
  Novin

Thanks and Regards,
Novin Jaiswal
+919890089443(M)
+912026901306(O) direct
+912026982424 Extn:1306

---------------------------------

Re: UTF-8 encoding & tag problem

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.
Good Morning Novin-
Did you use the native2ascii tool to convert the properties file?
http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/docs/tooldocs/solaris/native2ascii.html

I found this link quite helpful on explaining the entire process of unicode string conversion
http://servlets.com/archive/servlet/ReadMsg?msgId=368273&listName=struts-dev
Martin --

This e-mail communication and any attachments may contain confidential and privileged information for the use of the
designated recipients named above. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you have received
this communication in error and that any review, disclosure, dissemination, distribution or copying of it or its
contents