Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by David Blevins <da...@visi.com> on 2005/06/01 01:49:59 UTC

[VOTE] Certification stability

We are having a lot of great discussion which should continue.  I do want to make sure we are getting somewhere, so let's all vote that we at least agree on one form of stability; certification.  Probably obvious, but one step toward inching our way to some form of agreement on stability.

VOTE: Certification status is our primary mark of stability at this time.

Note this is not the multiple choice variety we usually do. Just +1/+0/-0/-1 the statement above and give your $0.02 on negative votes.

-David

Re: [VOTE] Certification stability

Posted by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@apache.org>.
On May 31, 2005, at 7:49 PM, David Blevins wrote:

> We are having a lot of great discussion which should continue.  I
> do want to make sure we are getting somewhere, so let's all vote
> that we at least agree on one form of stability; certification.
> Probably obvious, but one step toward inching our way to some form
> of agreement on stability.
>
> VOTE: Certification status is our primary mark of stability at this
> time.

That doesn't even make sense to me.

"Stability" refers to the rate and degree of change of the codebase,
not if it passes a test suite.

-1

geir

geirm@apache.org

Re: [VOTE] Certification stability

Posted by David Blevins <da...@visi.com>.
On Tue, May 31, 2005 at 04:49:59PM -0700, David Blevins wrote:
> We are having a lot of great discussion which should continue.  I do want to make sure we are getting somewhere, so let's all vote that we at least agree on one form of stability; certification.  Probably obvious, but one step toward inching our way to some form of agreement on stability.
>
> VOTE: Certification status is our primary mark of stability at this time.
>
> Note this is not the multiple choice variety we usually do. Just +1/+0/-0/-1 the statement above and give your $0.02 on negative votes.

Alright, I'm killing my own vote thread.  I agree with David J.  I don't know if its appropriate to kill a vote thread even if you started it, but I just want to get some work done.

Posted by Mohammed Nour <no...@gmail.com>.
-1 satability is not much related with certification.

Posted by Jeff Genender <jg...@savoirtech.com>.
+1 Cert first.

Posted by "Brian K. Wallace" <br...@transmorphix.com>.