Posted to user@hivemind.apache.org by Glen Stampoultzis <gs...@gmail.com> on 2005/06/09 14:31:27 UTC

Error reported from hivemodule.xml

I'm getting the following error reported:

Parameters to service implementation factory HibernateSessionFactory
contains no contributions but expects exactly one contribution.

The offending hivemodule code is:

    <service-point id="HibernateSession" interface="net.sf.hibernate.Session">
        <invoke-factory service-id="HibernateSessionFactory" model="threaded"/>
    </service-point>

Any clues to what I'm missing?  It doesn't seem to be causing any
actual problems but I'd still like to know the cause.

Regards,

Glen Stampoultzis

RE: Error reported from hivemodule.xml

Posted by Jean-Francois Poilpret <jf...@hcm.vnn.vn>.
Hi,

I think the problem comes from the fact that HibernateSessionFactory is a HM
ServiceImplementationFactory and hence by default, HM imposes ONE
contribution occurrence of parameters whenever you use it as a factory for
one of your services.

This is easy to workaround, Chris gave one part of the solution but did not
apply it to the right location:

<service-point id="HibernateSessionFactory"
interface="org.apache.hivemind.ServiceImplementationFactory"
parameters-occurs="none">
</service-point>

The parameter-occurs="none" must be used at the definition of FACTORY
service-point.
This should do the trick.

However, as James pointed out, I think this error does not prevent the
system from working normally anyway (except that having an ERROR in the log
is always frustrating ;-))

Cheers

	Jean-Francois

PS: [shameless self-promotion] Did you consider using HiveMind Utilities'
hivetranse module for using hibernate in your project?

Posted by James Carman <ja...@carmanconsulting.com>.

Posted by Glen Stampoultzis <gs...@gmail.com>.
Sorry - ignore that.  Got it going.

now... if I could just figure out why it isn't closing down sessions.

-- Glen

Posted by Glen Stampoultzis <gs...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Chris Conrad <cc...@vasoftware.com>.
Hi Glen,