Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Daryl Coutinho <Da...@Bcone.com> on 2001/09/05 00:31:12 UTC

using antcall from javascript

hi,
well i've been trying to use the script tag to call another target, but i
always get a null pointer exception. my code looks like this:
<project name="sample" default="test" basedir=".">
        <target name="test">
	        <property file="../build.properties" />
				antcall=sample.createTask('antcall');
				antcall.init();
				antcall.setTarget('some');
				antcall.execute();
    		]]> </script>
	</target>
	<target name="some">
		<echo message="inside some" />
	</target>
</project>

The error log looks like this:
 --- Nested Exception ---
java.lang.NullPointerException
        at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Ant.execute(Ant.java:206)
        at
org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.CallTarget.execute(CallTarget.java:103)

        at
org.mozilla.javascript.NativeJavaMethod.call(NativeJavaMethod.java:21
6)
        at
org.mozilla.javascript.ScriptRuntime.call(ScriptRuntime.java:1216)
        at
org.mozilla.javascript.Interpreter.interpret(Interpreter.java:1679)
        at
org.mozilla.javascript.InterpretedScript.call(InterpretedScript.java:
63)
        at
org.mozilla.javascript.InterpretedScript.exec(InterpretedScript.java:
54)
        at org.mozilla.javascript.Context.evaluateReader(Context.java:741)
        at org.mozilla.javascript.Context.evaluateString(Context.java:705)
        at
com.ibm.bsf.engines.javascript.JavaScriptEngine.eval(JavaScriptEngine
.java:83)
        at com.ibm.bsf.util.BSFEngineImpl.exec(BSFEngineImpl.java:106)
        at com.ibm.bsf.BSFManager.exec(BSFManager.java:479)
        at
org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.optional.Script.execute(Script.java:110
)
        at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.runTarget(Project.java:898)
        at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.executeTarget(Project.java:536)
        at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.executeTargets(Project.java:510)

Am i missing something here. Any help would be appreciated

thanks in advance

Daryl

Re: using antcall from javascript

Posted by Nico Seessle <ni...@apache.org>.
using antcall from javascript
  well i've been trying to use the script tag to call another target, but i always get a null pointer exception. my code looks like this:

  <project name="sample" default="test" basedir=".">
          <target name="test">
                  <property file="../build.properties" />
                                  antcall=sample.createTask('antcall');
                                  antcall.init();
                                  antcall.setTarget('some');
                                  antcall.execute();
                  ]]> </script>
          </target>
          <target name="some">
                  <echo message="inside some" />
          </target>
  </project>

  Am i missing something here. Any help would be appreciated

Unfortunately you don't tell us the Ant version you are using. Your example works fine for me using Ant 1.4, so I suggtest you should try this.

(And please read http://jakarta.apache.org/site/mail.html)

Nico

Re: using antcall from javascript

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On Tue, 4 Sep 2001, Daryl Coutinho <Da...@Bcone.com> wrote:

> i've been trying to use the script tag to call another target, but i
> always get a null pointer exception.

This is a known bug in Ant 1.3, has been fixed in 1.4.

Stefan