Posted to test-dev@httpd.apache.org by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org> on 2001/08/11 07:24:29 UTC

tests documentation?

Can we please establish some basic tests documentation rules? This will
make it much easier for those who don't spend all their time writing
tests to be able to find their way around and add new tests.

I know that nobody likes writing docs :(

It'd be nice to have at least one sentence explanation of what each
Apache::Test* module is for, at least for those that aren't obvious.

For the tests/module pairs, it'd be nice to document .t files to mention
what response handler files there are using. Especially now, where we have
perl .t files driving .c response handlers. And may be vice versa, to have
the handler point back to the corresponding .t file.

If you agree that documentation is essential, we can write the docs in a
way that makes the documentation extractable. So we can auto-generate a
document explaining the mapping of .t to .c, .pm handlers and their
explanation. This kind of map would be of immense value for people who
join the tests project, and useful for the current contributors as the
number of tests grow.

Thank you.

mailto:stas@stason.org   http://apachetoday.com http://eXtropia.com/

Re: make test in modperl 2.0 is broken

Posted by Doug MacEachern <do...@covalent.net>.
On Sat, 11 Aug 2001, Stas Bekman wrote:

> The recent addition of C modules stuff broke mod_perl's 'make test'.
>
> Wherever $self->{cmodules_dir} is used it's undef, and hence fatal
> warning.

fixed now.

make test in modperl 2.0 is broken