Posted to dev@spark.apache.org by Jay Hutfles <ja...@gmail.com> on 2015/01/15 17:58:55 UTC

Graphx TripletFields written in Java?

Hi all,
  Does anyone know the reasoning behind implementing
org.apache.spark.graphx.TripletFields in Java instead of Scala?  It doesn't
look like there's anything in there that couldn't be done in Scala.
Nothing serious, just curious.  Thanks!
   -Jay

Re: Graphx TripletFields written in Java?

Posted by Reynold Xin <rx...@databricks.com>.
The static fields - Scala can't express JVM static fields unfortunately.
Those will be important once we provide the Java API.