Posted to dev@couchdb.apache.org by Lena Reinhard <le...@thehoodiefirm.com> on 2015/02/02 11:20:14 UTC

[NEWS] Your links for the CouchDB Weekly News

HI everyone,

if you want to submit a link for this week’s CouchDB News, please submit it until Thursday, 03 February, 4pm CET.

Thanks & best,

Lena

Re: [NEWS] Your links for the CouchDB Weekly News

Posted by Lena Reinhard <le...@thehoodiefirm.com>.
That's fantastic, thanks, you two!

Also looking forward to CouchDB Day :)

Posted by Alexander Shorin <kx...@gmail.com>.
Sorry, eary sent. Try again:

Plus Massimiliano Fanciulli wrote nice post about installing CouchDB
on Raspberry Pi
http://www.fanciullimassimiliano.it/2015/02/01/coucbdb-on-a-raspberrypi/
-- same on reddit
http://www.reddit.com/r/CouchDB/comments/2ufeua/couchdb_on_a_raspberrypi_fanciulli_massimiliano/

And if you want to install CouchDB 2.0 on Raspberry PI this project
may help you:
https://github.com/glynnbird/ansible-install-couchdb

But if you're Enterprise man, this content management system could
help you deal with the stuff:
https://github.com/aegif/NemakiWare

And here is good post about MVCC and Garbage collection in append-only
/ immutable databases:
http://www.xaprb.com/blog/2013/12/28/immutability-mvcc-and-garbage-collection/

Not about CouchDB, but Erlang and how high level languages are
depended from low level system architecture:
http://www.lshift.net/blog/2010/02/28/memory-matters-even-in-erlang/

CouchDB 2.0 news: we're fixing regressions with help of PouchDB team
and William Holley, and not so far from today Ilya Khlopotov
implemented so long awaiting features like list all design and local
documents with a single endpoint - no need to play around
/db/_all_docs resource anymore. Details are currently on COUCHDB-1145,
docs are coming.

--
,,,^..^,,,

Re: [NEWS] Your links for the CouchDB Weekly News

Posted by Alexander Shorin <kx...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Andy Wenk <an...@apache.org>.
Hi Lena,

--
Andy Wenk
Hamburg - Germany

Re: [NEWS] Your links for the CouchDB Weekly News

Posted by Lena Reinhard <le...@thehoodiefirm.com>.
Just hit "publish" 2 minutes earlier, had included your email about it (in
the "discussions" section) :) Thanks, Robert!

--

—

Lena Reinhard
Geschäftsführerin
The Neighbourhoodie Software GmbH
Adalbertstr. 7-8, 10999 Berlin

Amtsgericht Charlottenburg, HRB 157851 B
Geschäftsführung: Jan Lehnardt, Lena Reinhard
neighbourhood.ie
Twitter: twitter.com/lrnrd
The Hoodie Blog: blog.hood.ie

Re: [NEWS] Your links for the CouchDB Weekly News

Posted by Robert Kowalski <ro...@kowalski.gd>.

Posted by Andy Wenk <an...@apache.org>.
Hi Lena,

--
Andy Wenk
Hamburg - Germany

Re: [NEWS] Your links for the CouchDB Weekly News

Posted by Andy Wenk <an...@apache.org>.
Hi Lena,

--
Andy Wenk