Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Martin Roob <ma...@objekt-management.de> on 2001/11/20 19:05:08 UTC

Problems with PCL Output

Hello there,
we are using FOP (0.20.1) to create PDF and PCL Documents on an OS/390 System.
There PDF generation works great, the PCL generation works nearly great.
There are 3 problems with PCL
1. Table borders are mixed up
2. There is no EURO-sign in the PCL
3. landscape mode is not working. We simply change width and height of the document to the values of DIN A4 landscape, which is ok for PDF, but the PCL printer does not rotate the pages, so the last 1/3 of each page is empty, but the right part is not on the page.
Is there anyone who has any ideas what to do against these problems (or at least against one of them) ?
Thanks in advance
Martin Roob

Re: Problems with PCL Output (Euro-Sign)

Posted by Martin Roob <ma...@objekt-management.de>.

> > Martin Roob wrote:
> >
> > 2. There is no EURO-sign in the PCL
>
> Umm... how do I get the Euro-Sign anyway?
That´s quite easy (thanks to unicode)
Put a character &#x20AC;  in your fo-document, for example with the
following template rule (transform a <euro/>-tag to a fo:inline-element:

 <xsl:template name="euro">
  <!-- Die Blanks hinter dem Eurozeichen sind da, weil FOP 0.0.15 in
Tabellenzellen das Eurozeichen zu schmal rechnet -->
  <fo:inline white-space-collapse="false">
   <xsl:text>&#x20AC;  </xsl:text>
  </fo:inline>
 </xsl:template>

Re: Problems with PCL Output