Posted to users@continuum.apache.org by tinne <ti...@adesso.de> on 2009/01/07 12:20:53 UTC

Re: Change a user role to build admin

anoopkumar wrote:

> Never mind - I figured this out.
>
>    8. ij> connect
> 'jdbc:derby:/usr/local/continuum-1.0.3/apps/continuum/database';
>    ij> select * from sa.continuumuser;
>     ij> UPDATE SA.CONTINUUMUSER set GROUP_ID_OID=1 where ACCOUNT_ID = 6;
>    1 row inserted/updated/deleted
>    ij> commit;

This looks pretty outdated. As of continuum 1.2, the database has been split
into a continuum and a users database (which can be found in the logs
directory for some strange reason!). The following worked for me (under
cygwin):

1.) export DERBY_HOME=`cygpath -wa /cygdrive/c/Programme/derby/10.4.2.0`
2.) export
CLASSPATH=$DERBY_HOME\\lib\\derby.jar\;$DERBY_HOME\\lib\\derbytools.jar
3.) export PATH=`cygpath -ua $DERBY_HOME`/bin:$PATH
4.) ij.bat
4a.) connect
'jdbc:derby:C:\Programme\Continuum\1.2\logs\data\databases\users';
4b.) select * from sa.jdouser;
4c.) update sa.jdouser set encoded_password = '<some other user's password>'
where username = 'admin';
4d.) update sa.jdouser set count_failed_login_attempts = 0 where username =
'admin';
4e.) commit;
4f.) exit;

Please note that both the table and the database have changed. Also, my
approach is to reset the password to the one of a normal user and to reset
the failure count. On re-running continuum, simply login with the user's
password and change it.