Posted to mirrors@apache.org by Dmitry Morozovsky <ma...@rinet.ru> on 2000/03/21 18:01:37 UTC

dev.apache.org cvsupd collection is broken

Hello there,

does anybody know why cvsup collection is broken (and thus any cvsup run
delete all the apache site content)? I don't know when this happened, but
not much time ago

rsync works smoothly, though.

Sincerely,
D.Marck                                   [DM5020, DM268-RIPE, DM3-RIPN]
*** Dmitry Morozovsky --- D.Marck --- Wild Woozle --- marck@rinet.ru ***

Re: dev.apache.org cvsupd collection is broken

Posted by Dmitry Morozovsky <ma...@rinet.ru>.
On Thu, 23 Mar 2000, Brian Behlendorf wrote:

BB> > Brian, any hint on this???
BB>
BB> it looks fine to me, and I checked when I saw this message.  Precisely how
BB> is it broken?  Could you send me a precise error report, showing what
BB> command line options/config file your tried, etc?

well, here is the results for slightly changed from normal sup file:

---
*default host=dev.apache.org
*default base=/usr/pub/.w3/.misc
*default prefix=/usr/pub/.w3/.misc
*default release=cvs
*default delete old use-rel-suffix
*default umask=002

apache-fullsite
---
kucha:marck:/pub/.w3/.misc# cvsup -zgL2 apache.cvsup
Parsing supfile "apache.cvsup"
Looking up address of dev.apache.org
Connecting to dev.apache.org
Connected to dev.apache.org
Server software version: REL_16_0
Negotiating file attribute support
Exchanging collection information
Establishing multiplexed-mode data connection
Running
Updating collection apache-fullsite/cvs
Shutting down connection to server
Finished successfully
---

and no files have been transferred. Perhaps there are some errors in
supfile -- but where? (umask 2 is intentional, though)

Thanks for cooperation.

Posted by Brian Behlendorf <br...@apache.org>.
On Thu, 23 Mar 2000, Pierpaolo Fumagalli wrote:
> Dmitry Morozovsky wrote:
> >
> > Hello there,
> >
> > does anybody know why cvsup collection is broken (and thus any cvsup run
> > delete all the apache site content)? I don't know when this happened, but
> > not much time ago
> >
> > rsync works smoothly, though.
>
> Brian, any hint on this???

it looks fine to me, and I checked when I saw this message.  Precisely how
is it broken?  Could you send me a precise error report, showing what
command line options/config file your tried, etc?

> BTW, is this one of those topics that should be discussed on the new
> admin mailing lists????

No, it's not a resolve-a-bug list, but a here's-what-I-did-as-root
notification list.

	Brian

--
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
collab.net  |  open source  |  do what's right  |  now hiring smart people

Re: dev.apache.org cvsupd collection is broken

Posted by Pierpaolo Fumagalli <pi...@apache.org>.
Dmitry Morozovsky wrote:

> Hello there,
>
> does anybody know why cvsup collection is broken (and thus any cvsup run
> delete all the apache site content)? I don't know when this happened, but
> not much time ago
>
> rsync works smoothly, though.

Brian, any hint on this???

	Pier