Posted to users@netbeans.apache.org by Amn <am...@gmail.com> on 2022/06/14 23:04:40 UTC

Displaying Extended ASCII character

I am using NB13 under Windows 8.1.
This code:
System.out.println("ñ");
prints only a little square on the NB13 terminal, how can I get NB13 to
print the right character?
Thanks!

https://www.avg.com

Re: Displaying Extended ASCII character

Posted by Amn <am...@gmail.com>.
Yes, you are right.

Run -> Set Project configuration -> Source -> Encoding -> Windows 1250

That solved the problem on my Win8.1 machine.

On 2022-06-15 7:38 a.m., Pieter van den Hombergh wrote:
> to get a reliable representaion of the characters in the source code
> and when executing the program, you must make sure they both use the
> same character encoding.
> Typically windows uses some code page, depending on the locale you are
> using. Often, but not always java is encoded in UTF-8.
> This might help to understand the issue:
> https://docs.oracle.com/javase/8/docs/api/java/util/Locale.html
>
> Met vriendelijke groet,
> Pieter van den Hombergh.
> Kerboschstraat 12
> 5913 WH Venlo
>

> On Wed, Jun 15, 2022 at 1:05 AM Amn <am...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>     I am using NB13 under Windows 8.1.
>     This code:
>     System.out.println("ñ");
>     prints only a little square on the NB13 terminal, how can I get
>     NB13 to
>     print the right character?
>     Thanks!
>

>     --
>     https://www.avg.com

*Using Fire Fox and Thunderbird.*
Developing for Android using Java, C/C++, HTM/CSS and SQLite as our
platform has been exciting and most rewarding.
[ Ñ ]