Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by trang van anh <an...@vtc.vn> on 2011/11/01 11:12:40 UTC

Problem using SCM

Dear all,

I installed CSM sucessfully, but i can't install hadoop services using
CSM.

i have account named "search" that is sudoer user, i also created ssh-
key to access server without password, and i filled required
imformation username/password. But CSM throws error message during
installing hadoop.

Failed to detect root privileges.

/tmp/scm_prepare_node.EQh12487
opening logging file descriptor
Starting installation script...
Acquiring installation lock...
BEGIN flock 4
END (0)
Detecting root privileges...
effective UID is 503
BEGIN sudo -S id
[sudo] password for search: Sorry, try again.
[sudo] password for search: Sorry, try again.
[sudo] password for search: Sorry, try again.
sudo: 3 incorrect password attempts
END (1)
need root privileges but sudo requires password, exiting
closing logging file descriptor

According to my Knowledge, the exceptoin occur because password for
"search" user typed incorrect,i alse try to type again but i have no
result.

Anybody show me why ? sorry because my english is not good.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Problem using SCM

Posted by Joey Echeverria <jo...@cloudera.com>.
Hi Trang,

I'm moving the discuss to scm-users@cloudera.org as it's not a Hadoop
common issue. I've bcced common-user@hadoop.apache.org and also put
you in the to: field in case you're not on scm-users.

As for your problem, the issue is that SCM doesn't support an
installation via sudo if sudo requires a password. Can you reconfigure
your machines to support sudo without a password?

-Joey

--
Joseph Echeverria
Cloudera, Inc.