Posted to dev@nuttx.apache.org by "Schock, Johannes - NIVUS GmbH" <Jo...@nivus.com> on 2020/09/14 14:15:49 UTC

Kinetis QSPI MTD driver

Hello,
I'd like to integrate a QSPI MTD driver for the MT25QU256 Nor Flash on Freedom-K28F board.
Since the Kinetis QSPI module features memory mapping of the flash and XIP, it works using a lookup table, and therefore the driver will be very architecture specific.
Where should I place the files?
- Clock initialization into "board".
- Common Kinetis-QSPI specific functions into "chip".
So far so good.
But where should I place the Flash specific MTD driver? Because of the Sequence LUT, it will only work with Kinetis (perhaps with i.MX RT, I think there are similarities).
As it will look strange to have a mt25kinetis.c in "drivers/mtd", should I put it into "drivers/mtd", into "chip" or into "board"?
Any suggestions?

Regards, Johannes