Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Ryan Hoegg <rh...@isisnetworks.net> on 2003/03/29 05:42:41 UTC

Interesting use of map:mount

Hey all,

I wanted to run my novel usage of map:mount by you all in case I am
breaking some seemingly unwritten rule.

I have my main sitemap all set up declaring components and such, and
then in my pipelines I have this:

  <map:pipeline>
    <map:match pattern="**">
      <map:mount check-reload="yes" src="isis-sitemap.xmap" uri-prefix=""/>
    </map:match>
  </map:pipeline>

Note the uri-prefix.  The idea is that I have a sitemap for my
application that defines the actual application sitemap.  I tried it and
it works.  Is there some reason I shouldn't be doing this?  All the
map:mount docs I can find talk about using this for delegating URI space
to other sitemaps.

--
Ryan Hoegg
ISIS Networks

Re: Interesting use of map:mount

Posted by Irv Salisbury III <ir...@dotech.com>.
We use this at our company for the various projects we are working on as
well.  We basically have a "clean" cocoon environment that we copy over,
and then use our local sitemap file that gets delegated to by this one.
Has worked for us.

Irv

Posted by Geoff Howard <co...@leverageweb.com>.
Yes, I think.  I'm using mod_jk currently in Tomcat.  I am
set up to alias all of the hosts together (I think).  If you
start having trouble let me know and I'll look more carefully
at what I did.

Geoff

Posted by Ryan Hoegg <rh...@isisnetworks.net>.

Posted by Geoff Howard <co...@leverageweb.com>.