Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Chiradeep Vittal <Ch...@citrix.com> on 2013/03/06 01:41:10 UTC

Re: [Discuss] Support for non-contiguous vlan ranges.

Will the changes be atomic? All or nothing?

Existing range E= 100-200, in use U=101,121,131
New request: add=201-301, remove=100-201

Or
E = 100-200, U=110-120
A = 150-250, R=100-149

etc

Posted by Bharat Kumar <bh...@citrix.com>.
No we can add or remove only one vlan range at a time.

Posted by Radhika Puthiyetath <ra...@citrix.com>.
Can I add/ remove multiple vlan ranges ( vlan 500- 600, 200- 250; remove 100- 150, 300-350) by using the API?

> If the remove fails, will the add still succeed?
>
> On 3/5/13 11:20 PM, "Bharat Kumar" <bh...@citrix.com> wrote:
>
>> The changes will be atomic.
>> before removing any range we need to check if any of the vlans in the
>> range are in use. The operation will fail if some vlans in the remove
>> range are in use.
>> i.e. if E=100-200 (existing) U(used)=101,121,131 and remove=100-201
>> we do not remove this range as 101,121, and 131 are being used.
>> if the admin wants to remove the reset of the range leaving the used
>> ones he can say remove 100-100, 102-120, etc
>>
>> I will update this in the FS.
>>
>> Bharat.
>>
>> On Mar 6, 2013, at 6:11 AM, Chiradeep Vittal
>> <Ch...@citrix.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Will the changes be atomic? All or nothing?
>>>
>>> Existing range E= 100-200, in use U=101,121,131 New request:
>>> add=201-301, remove=100-201
>>>
>>> Or
>>> E = 100-200, U=110-120

Posted by Bharat Kumar <bh...@citrix.com>.
If the remove fails add will also fail.

Bharat.
On Mar 13, 2013, at 11:26 AM, Chiradeep Vittal <Ch...@citrix.com> wrote:

> If the remove fails, will the add still succeed?
>
> On 3/5/13 11:20 PM, "Bharat Kumar" <bh...@citrix.com> wrote:
>
>> The changes will be atomic.
>> before removing any range we need to check if any of the vlans in the
>> range are in use. The operation will fail if some vlans in the remove
>> range are in use.
>> i.e. if E=100-200 (existing) U(used)=101,121,131
>> and remove=100-201 we do not remove this range as 101,121, and 131 are
>> being used.
>> if the admin wants to remove the reset of the range leaving the used ones
>> he can say
>> remove 100-100, 102-120, etc
>>
>> I will update this in the FS.
>>
>> Bharat.
>>
>> On Mar 6, 2013, at 6:11 AM, Chiradeep Vittal
>> <Ch...@citrix.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Will the changes be atomic? All or nothing?
>>>
>>> Existing range E= 100-200, in use U=101,121,131
>>> New request: add=201-301, remove=100-201
>>>
>>> Or
>>> E = 100-200, U=110-120

Posted by Chiradeep Vittal <Ch...@citrix.com>.

Posted by Bharat Kumar <bh...@citrix.com>.