Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by Todd Lipcon <to...@cloudera.com> on 2010/06/24 17:21:36 UTC

[VOTE] Release development release HBase 0.89.20100621 rc1

I've built src and binary releases from the tip of branch 0.89.20100621.
I've also made a new tag for this release candidate, rc1. You can find the
tarballs at:

http://people.apache.org/~todd/hbase-0.89.20100621.rc1/

MD5 sums:

5c4281c2cab6c686dc9f2d1e2b624d53  hbase-0.89.20100621-bin.tar.gz
8a581e0dc2176e83a2c0c05da2456535  hbase-0.89.20100621-src.tar.gz

GPG signatures are in the same directory.

I would like to propose releasing this release candidate as HBase
0.89.20100621.

Changes since last release candidate:
   HBASE-2774  Spin in ReadWriteConsistencyControl eating CPU (load > 40)
and
               no progress running YCSB on clean cluster start
   HBASE-2783  Quick edit of 'Getting Started' for development release
0.89.x

Please see the previous thread for more information about the purpose of
this release candidate - in particular, we're not making any guarantees that
this is bug free. I hope we can release this rc with no follow up patches
unless anything is extremely broken. We'll do another release like this in a
few weeks after the new master code has been stabilized a bit, and of course
anything else that has gone into trunk will go into there.

If we could complete voting by Friday that would be excellent.

Thanks,
-Todd

--
Todd Lipcon
Software Engineer, Cloudera

Re: [VOTE] Release development release HBase 0.89.20100621 rc1

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.
Vote passes.  Will post the release later today.
St.Ack

Posted by Todd Lipcon <to...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by Jean-Daniel Cryans <jd...@apache.org>.

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.
FYI, TestHLog unit test fails for me in same way it fails on TRUNK
(but I'm leaving my +1 in place).
St.Ack

Posted by Ryan Rawson <ry...@gmail.com>.
+1 it also basically works for me...