Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Ken Rider <ke...@intelliden.com> on 2003/05/23 18:49:23 UTC

ANT_ARGS on Windows

According to the documentation I should be able to set the ANT_ARGS
environment variable to pass Ant command line arguments. This works on Linux
and Solaris but on Windows it's ignored (at least with 1.5.1). In fact,
ANT_ARGS doesn't even appear in %ANT_HOME%\bin\ant.bat as it does in
$ANT_HOME/bin/ant.

Is this a known bug? I wasn't able to find it in the bug database nor could
I find a mention of it on this newsgroup.

In my case I was able to work around it by setting the ANT_OPTS environment
variable but I don't think that will work in all cases.

Re: ANT_ARGS on Windows

Posted by Conor MacNeill <co...@cortexebusiness.com.au>.
On Sat, 24 May 2003 02:49 am, Ken Rider wrote:
> According to the documentation I should be able to set the ANT_ARGS
> environment variable to pass Ant command line arguments. This works on
> Linux and Solaris but on Windows it's ignored (at least with 1.5.1). In
> fact, ANT_ARGS doesn't even appear in %ANT_HOME%\bin\ant.bat as it does in
> $ANT_HOME/bin/ant.
>
> Is this a known bug? I wasn't able to find it in the bug database nor could
> I find a mention of it on this newsgroup.
>
> In my case I was able to work around it by setting the ANT_OPTS environment
> variable but I don't think that will work in all cases.

Fixed in Ant 1.5.3, I believe.