Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Pedro Lino <pe...@mailbox.org.INVALID> on 2022/11/26 11:26:53 UTC

[Action required] Cygwin x86 end-of-life

Hi Matthias, all

> On 11/25/2022 7:16 PM WET Matthias Seidel <ma...@hamburg.de> wrote:

> Damjan posted the needed patches to build AOO41X with Cygwin64, if
> anyone wants to commit them...

If this exists and works, it should be committed ASAP.

It makes no sense at all to keep a separate 41X procedure that relies on a discontinued library if all branches can be compiled with a single an updated one.

Can any programmer review and commit this, please?

Regards,
Pedro

Re: [Action required] Cygwin x86 end-of-life

Posted by Matthias Seidel <ma...@hamburg.de>.
Hi Carl, Damjan,

Pull Reqquest opened:

https://github.com/apache/openoffice/pull/162

Regards,

   Matthias

Posted by Carl Marcum <cm...@apache.org>.
Hi Matthias,

Posted by Matthias Seidel <ma...@hamburg.de>.
Hi Carl,

Posted by Matthias Seidel <ma...@hamburg.de>.
Hi Carl,

Am 26.11.22 um 16:11 schrieb Carl Marcum:
> Hi Matthias and Damjan,
>
> On 11/26/22 09:24, Damjan Jovanovic wrote:
>> On Sat, Nov 26, 2022 at 2:42 PM Matthias Seidel
>> <ma...@hamburg.de>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Pedro,

>>> We discussed that already a year (!) ago. Unfortunately I can't find
>>> the
>>> list in my archive, but I am sure Damjan posted it.
>>>
>> The required patches are also listed on the Wiki:
>> https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Building_old_versions
>>
>> Regards
>> Damjan
>>

> Thanks for the links Damjan!
>
> Matthias could you try to build with Cygwin64 if these two commits are
> back-ported into a test branch for 4.1.x?

I will definitely try that!

Regards,

   Matthias

Posted by Carl Marcum <cm...@apache.org>.
Hi Matthias and Damjan,

Posted by Damjan Jovanovic <da...@apache.org>.

Posted by Matthias Seidel <ma...@hamburg.de>.
Hi Pedro,

Am 26.11.22 um 12:26 schrieb Pedro Lino:
> Hi Matthias, all
>
>> On 11/25/2022 7:16 PM WET Matthias Seidel <ma...@hamburg.de> wrote:
>> Damjan posted the needed patches to build AOO41X with Cygwin64, if
>> anyone wants to commit them...
> If this exists and works, it should be committed ASAP.
We discussed that already a year (!) ago. Unfortunately I can't find the
list in my archive, but I am sure Damjan posted it.
> It makes no sense at all to keep a separate 41X procedure that relies on a discontinued library if all branches can be compiled with a single an updated one.

It would be no big problem if we were ready to release AOO420...

Regards,

   Matthias