Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Deacon Marcus <de...@wwtech.pl> on 2001/06/16 08:57:50 UTC

PATCH: Aliases again - this time tested and working, but...

Hi,
Unfortunately, the patch I submitted a few days ago for host aliases isn't
enough. Looks like <Alias/> tags are just ignored - they're supposed to be
handled in org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina, which is uninteligible to
me (I use only JDOM for XML in my projects).
I made a quick fix, but it's using a dirty hack violating (or enhancing ;> )
current server.xml syntax. After applying this patch you can use syntax
like:

<host name="somewhere.com : www.somewhere.com , somewhere.net ,
www.somewhere.net" >

First name is hostname, the rest are aliases, allowed separators are ";" ":"
",", whitespace is ignored. I know it's quick and dirty, but it works and
looks stable - I need it before yesterday, and I'm sure I'm not the only
one.

Patch:

File: org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost, line 325, method setName

=====
    public void setName(String name) {

	if (name == null)
	    throw new IllegalArgumentException
		(sm.getString("standardHost.nullName"));

	name = name.toLowerCase();	// Internally all names are lower case

// ***** patch start

  java.util.StringTokenizer st = new java.util.StringTokenizer( name,
":;," );
  name = st.nextToken().trim();

  while( st.hasMoreTokens() )
   {
    addAlias( st.nextToken().trim() );
   }

// ***** patch end

	String oldName = this.name;
	this.name = name;
	support.firePropertyChange("name", oldName, this.name);

    }
=====

Greetings,
     deacon Marcus