Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by charles du <ta...@gmail.com> on 2008/07/29 08:26:25 UTC

an example for join operation

Hi all:

Is there a good example for using map/reduce to implement a join operation?
For example, I have two hadoop files: file A has records like <k1, v1>, and
file B has records like <k2, v2>. I would like to join A and B if k1 is
equal to k2. Thanks.

--
tp

Re: an example for join operation

Posted by Naama Kraus <na...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

I think the following may help -

The Hadoop package org.apache.hadoop.mapred.join

Also, Pig Latin, which is a language for processing data on top of Hadoop
MapReduce - http://wiki.apache.org/pig

Naama

--
oo 00 oo 00 oo 00 oo 00 oo 00 oo 00 oo 00 oo 00 oo 00 oo 00 oo 00 oo 00 oo
00 oo 00 oo