Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Brian Behlendorf <br...@hyperreal.com> on 1996/06/02 01:32:32 UTC

Re: Default mime types update for 1.1?

On Thu, 30 May 1996 rasmus@madhaus.utcs.utoronto.ca wrote:
> Would it be worthwhile to go through the mime.types file before
> the release of 1.1 and make sure we have some of the common
> more recent types in there?  Every time I install a server I find
> myself adding:
>
>     AddType application/octet-stream class
>
> to srm.conf for Java classes.  I am sure there are lots of other mime
> types that we could add by default either to srm.conf or to the
> mime.types file that comes with Apache.

Here's the mime.types used on hyperreal.  I removed the entries which
weren't actually mapped to anything since I thought that was a little
silly to have entries without suffixes, but I can see from a new-user
perspective why hat might be attractive.  Anyways, give it a look... I'm
sure there are things that could be added.

	Brian

application/mac-binhex40	hqx
application/mac-compactpro	cpt
application/msword		doc
application/octet-stream	bin dms lha lzh exe class
application/pdf			pdf
application/postscript		ai eps ps
application/powerpoint		ppt
application/rtf			rtf