Posted to ivy-user@ant.apache.org by Eric Anderson <ea...@palantirtech.com> on 2009/01/09 01:13:55 UTC

IvyDE and Apache Commons HttpClient

I don't know much about Eclipse plugins, but I noticed when I dropped apache-commons-http into my antlib directory, ivy from outside the network was very very fast (from ant).

Would someone either look or help me figure out how to look if IvyDE is using httpclient in eclipse.

Thanks

-Eric Anderson

---
Eric Anderson
Palantir Technologies | Engineering Team Lead
eanderson@palantirtech.com | 520.440.3773

Re: IvyDE and Apache Commons HttpClient

Posted by Nicolas Lalevée <ni...@hibnet.org>.
Eric Anderson a écrit :
> Okay, I've now looked in to see that resolution is optional in the metainf, which I can't tell if it is loading the pieces or not.

Yep it is optionnal, so it depends if you have httpclient in your
plugins or not: look into your ECLIPSE_HOME/plugins
If you look into your Ivy console you should see logged as 'verbose'
which "url handler" is taken.
You should either see:
jakarta commons httpclient detected: using it for http downloading
or:
jakarta commons httpclient not found: using jdk url handling

Note that this is logged only on ivysettings loading, not on each resolve.

Nicolas