Posted to taglibs-user@tomcat.apache.org by Shawn Bayern <ba...@essentially.net> on 2002/05/01 05:38:37 UTC

Re: JSTL XSLT question

On Tue, 30 Apr 2002, Brian J. Sletten wrote:

> Does anyone know how to use the document() function with the JSTL
> XML tags? Is it even possible?
>
> If I have two XML files in memory but need them both for a given
> transform, it would be nice to be able to merge them or somehow
> reference them both from within the XSL file.

Yes.  We allow you to pass a system ID for the XSLT document for precisely
this purpose, using the xsltSystemId attribute for <x:transform>.  The
system ID should be, in this case, a URL identifying the base page against
which the document() function's path should be resolved.

Thus, simply add an xsltSystemId attribute to your example:

  <c:import url="/xml/summary.xsl" var="summaryXSL"/>
  <x:transform xml="${summaryXML}" xslt="${summaryXSL}"
        xsltSystemId="/xml/summary.xsl"/>

Note that the attributes you're using -- xmlText and xsltText -- are
outdated; the attributes since Beta2 are xml and xslt.

Hope that helps,

--
Shawn Bayern
"JSP Standard Tag Library"   http://www.jstlbook.com