Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by "RYAN M. vAN GINNEKEN" <lu...@computerking.ca> on 2006/03/20 04:27:18 UTC

[users@httpd] virtual server problems

Hello all everthing was working fine until i reset my fedora box today not sure what happened but apache is a bit broken now.  The only content that comes up are for www.computerking.ca site. ie if i point browser at www.computerking.ca everthing works fine.  If i point my browser at blazebartending.com i still get the www.computerking.ca content. I know the default behavior for apache is to use the first vhost listed if it cannot find an apporpatly named site.  But why is it doing this to me?

[root@shoemasters conf.v]# /usr/sbin/apachectl -S
VirtualHost configuration:
wildcard NameVirtualHosts and _default_ servers:
*:*                    www.computerking.ca (/etc/httpd/conf.v/computerking.ca:4)
*:80                   is a NameVirtualHost
         default server mail.computerking.ca (/etc/httpd/conf.v/computerking.ca:19)
         port 80 namevhost mail.computerking.ca (/etc/httpd/conf.v/computerking.ca:19)
         port 80 namevhost default.computerking.ca (/etc/httpd/conf.v/computerking.ca:29)
         port 80 namevhost old.computerking.ca (/etc/httpd/conf.v/computerking.ca:43)
         port 80 namevhost v2.computerking.ca (/etc/httpd/conf.v/computerking.ca:57)
         port 80 namevhost test.computerking.ca (/etc/httpd/conf.v/computerking.ca:71)
         port 80 namevhost blazebartending.com (/etc/httpd/conf.v/blazebartending.com:3)
         port 80 namevhost mail.blazebartending.com (/etc/httpd/conf.v/blazebartending.com:20)
         port 80 namevhost logs.blazebartending.com (/etc/httpd/conf.v/blazebartending.com:30)
         port 80 namevhost www.canmail.org (/etc/httpd/conf.v/canmail.org:5)
         port 80 namevhost creativehangups.com (/etc/httpd/conf.v/creativehangups.com:3)
         port 80 namevhost mail.creativehangups.com (/etc/httpd/conf.v/creativehangups.com:20)
         port 80 namevhost graemehill.com (/etc/httpd/conf.v/graemehill.com:5)
         port 80 namevhost mail.graemehill.com (/etc/httpd/conf.v/graemehill.com:23)
         port 80 namevhost redwingshoes.ca (/etc/httpd/conf.v/redwingshoes.ca:3)
         port 80 namevhost mail.redwingshoes.ca (/etc/httpd/conf.v/redwingshoes.ca:20)
         port 80 namevhost shoemasters.com (/etc/httpd/conf.v/shoemasters.com:3)
         port 80 namevhost mail.shoemasters.com (/etc/httpd/conf.v/shoemasters.com:21)
         port 80 namevhost logs.shoemasters.com (/etc/httpd/conf.v/shoemasters.com:32)
         port 80 namevhost ybotstudios.com (/etc/httpd/conf.v/ybotstudios.com:3)
         port 80 namevhost mail.ybotstudios.com (/etc/httpd/conf.v/ybotstudios.com:20)
Syntax OK

--
Computer King/CaNMail

http://www.computerking.ca     http://www.canmail.org

Sales, Service, and Hosting
Email, Data, and Web Packages
Ask about web design specials

Affiliates
http://www.computerking.ca/pages/links/affiliates/affiliates.htm

Maybe Computer Science should be in the College of Theology. -- R. S. Barton

Re: [users@httpd] virtual server problems

Posted by Krist van Besien <kr...@gmail.com>.
On 3/20/06, RYAN M. vAN GINNEKEN <lu...@computerking.ca> wrote:
> Hello all everthing was working fine until i reset my fedora box today not sure what happened but apache is a bit broken now.  The only content that comes up are for www.computerking.ca site. ie if i point browser at www.computerking.ca everthing works fine.  If i point my browser at blazebartending.com i still get the www.computerking.ca content. I know the default behavior for apache is to use the first vhost listed if it cannot find an apporpatly named site.  But why is it doing this to me?
>
> [root@shoemasters conf.v]# /usr/sbin/apachectl -S
> VirtualHost configuration:
> wildcard NameVirtualHosts and _default_ servers:
> *:*                    www.computerking.ca (/etc/httpd/conf.v/computerking.ca:4)
> *:80                   is a NameVirtualHost
>          default server mail.computerking.ca (/etc/httpd/conf.v/computerking.ca:19)
>          port 80 namevhost mail.computerking.ca (/etc/httpd/conf.v/computerking.ca:19)

snip...

I suspect you have somewhere in /etc/httpd/conf.v/computerking.ca
something like this:

<VirtualHost *:*>

ServerName www.computerking.ca
</VirtualHost>