Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by JPee <pe...@softwareforen.de> on 2009/10/19 16:55:36 UTC

Suppress Hyphenation inside a block

Hi,

I'm working with Fop embedded in a CMS for Generating PDFs. Inside my PDF
are blocks, where the text is justified and hyphenation is enabled. In some
cases I need to suppress hyphenation for example in links. I tried:

<fo:block text-align="justify" hyphenate="true" language="de"
hyphenation-push-character-count="2"
hyphenation-remain-character-count="2">text.....<fo:inline
hyphenate="false"><external-link>link</external-link></fo:inline> text....
</fo:block>

The result is the same as without the inline.

Greetings,

JP

Re: Suppress Hyphenation inside a block

Posted by JPee <pe...@softwareforen.de>.
Thanks again Mr. J. Pietschmann,

your solution works fine and does what I tried to do. All in all now I know
that my problem is not that easy to handle and only a nice to have because
of its complexity. Links can be long, so we have the following line:

this is my longlonglonglink.

With hyphenation it was 1:

this is my longlong-
link.

My hope was that the described solution would make it more beautiful, but
the result was 2:

this    is    my
longlonglink.

In 1 vs 2 , 1 is the minor bad one.

Posted by "J.Pietschmann" <j3...@yahoo.de>.

Posted by "Amick, Eric" <Er...@mail.house.gov>.
> I'm working with Fop embedded in a CMS for Generating PDFs. Inside my
> PDF
> are blocks, where the text is justified and hyphenation is enabled. In
> some
> cases I need to suppress hyphenation for example in links. I tried:
>
> <fo:block text-align="justify" hyphenate="true" language="de"
> hyphenation-push-character-count="2"
> hyphenation-remain-character-count="2">text.....<fo:inline
> hyphenate="false"><external-link>link</external-link></fo:inline>
> text....
> </fo:block>

Hyphenate applies only to fo:block and fo:character. Sorry.

Eric Amick   Systems Engineer II
Legislative Computer Systems