Posted to ojb-user@db.apache.org by Durham David Contr 805 CSPTS/SCBE <Da...@scott.af.mil> on 2003/09/26 16:49:02 UTC

storing a new object fails

I'm writing a routine that clears out a db and reloads a defined test
data set.  I'm trying to insert new objects but sometimes, not always,
OJB will execute an update statement instead of an insert.  I'm
explicitly setting the id pk's and bypassing the sequencemanager, so I
figure that has something to do with it, but I can't explain the
discrepancy.  Can anyone point me to the likely cause of this?

Thanks,

Dave

Re: storing a new object fails

Posted by Jin Bal <ji...@hotmail.com>.
try leaving the PK empty - I thnk that OJB works out whether its a insert or
update by the presence of this field

There may be a way to force an insert but I can't remember it right now

Jin