Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Jakub 1983 <jj...@gmail.com> on 2013/04/21 13:27:40 UTC

mod_cluster session replication

Please confirm or deny my image/idea:

mod_cluster is configured by
<Listener
className="org.jboss.modcluster.container.catalina.standalone.ModClusterListener"
advertise="true"/>

it has nothing to do with session replication,
session replication cannot be configured in <Listener/> tag,

if we want session replication with ModClusterListener, we must add into
<Engine>
<Cluster className="org.apache.catalina.ha.tcp.SimpleTcpCluster"> - it
gives us session replication in mod_cluster

(in addition we must add <distributable/> into web.xml - as with any other
session replication)

regards
Jakub