Posted to fx-dev@ws.apache.org by "Sarkar, Abanindra" <Ab...@stercomm.com> on 2006/08/10 11:10:40 UTC

Generating a SOAP message with encrypted MIME message

Can some one help me to understand the structure of a SOAP message which
will have an encrypted MIME parts?

 I am finding it real hard to understand how we can encrypt only the
MIME parts of a SOAP message using the WSS4J API. I am not finding any
API which will take a bytestream (assume the MIME has an arbitary data)
a SOAP message and a certificate and will return me back a SOAP message
with an encrypted MIME parts.

Any help will be highly solicited.

regards
Abanindra

Re: Generating a SOAP message with encrypted MIME message

Posted by Ruchith Fernando <ru...@gmail.com>.
Hi Abanindra,

In Axis2/Rampart we have a mechanism to send the encrypted content as
a MIME part using MTOM.

If you use Axis2 to send your binary content as MIME using MTOM, then
you will be able to use Rampart (WS-Sec module for axis2 based on
wss4j) to encrypt the  soap body where it will encrypt the base64 form
of the binary content. This will add the encrypted data into the soap
body (if the MTOM optimized content was referenced from the body).

Then you can specify the encrypted content to be MTOM optimized (in
the rampart outflow configuration) , which will send the encrypted
binary content in the wire as a MIME part.

Thanks,
Ruchith

--
www.ruchith.org

Re: Generating a SOAP message with encrypted MIME message

Posted by Ruchith Fernando <ru...@gmail.com>.
Hi Abanindra,

--
www.ruchith.org