Posted to user@hive.apache.org by 我很快乐 <89...@qq.com> on 2010/08/04 05:15:55 UTC

Implement in clause with or clause

Thank you for your reply.

  Because my company reuire we use  0.4.1 version, so I could't upgrade the version.  Could you tell me  there are which risks if I use the OR clause(example:where id=1 or id=2  or id=3)  to implement the IN clause(example: id in(1,2,3) ) ?

  Thanks,

  LiuLei

Re: Implement in clause with or clause

Posted by Zheng Shao <zs...@gmail.com>.
There are no risks, but it will be slower especially when the list
after "in" is very long.

Zheng

--
Yours,