Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org> on 2017/09/27 18:43:24 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Tomcat 9.0.1

The proposed Apache Tomcat 9.0.1 release is now available for voting.

The major changes compared to the 9.0.0.M27 release are:

- Fix CVE-2017-12617

- Servlet 4.0 implementation is complete

- Add the ability to reconfigure TLS connectors at runtime without
  stopping the connector

- Stricter validation of the Host header

Along with lots of other bug fixes and improvements.

For full details, see the changelog:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tomcat/trunk/webapps/docs/changelog.xml

It can be obtained from:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomcat/tomcat-9/v9.0.1/
The Maven staging repo is:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetomcat-1156/
The svn tag is:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tomcat/tags/TOMCAT_9_0_1/

The proposed 9.0.1 release is:
[ ] Broken - do not release
[ ] Alpha  - go ahead and release as 9.0.1
[ ] Beta   - go ahead and release as 9.0.1
[ ] Stable - go ahead and release as 9.0.1

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Tomcat 9.0.1

Posted by Rémy Maucherat <re...@apache.org>.

Posted by Coty Sutherland <cs...@redhat.com>.

Posted by Huxing Zhang <hu...@alibaba-inc.com>.
Hi,

The proposed 9.0.1 release is:
[ ] Broken - do not release
[ ] Alpha  - go ahead and release as 9.0.1
[ X  ] Beta   - go ahead and release as 9.0.1
[ ] Stable - go ahead and release as 9.0.1

Unit test passed.
Test web application works fine.
Tested clean tomcat running on JDK9: ok
Tested clean tomcat running on JDK9 with security manager: ok
Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>
2017 Sep 28 (Thu) 02:43
Tomcat Developers List <de...@tomcat.apache.org>

Posted by Violeta Georgieva <vi...@apache.org>.

> The proposed Apache Tomcat 9.0.1 release is now available for voting.
>
> The major changes compared to the 9.0.0.M27 release are:
>
> - Fix CVE-2017-12617
>
> - Servlet 4.0 implementation is complete
>
> - Add the ability to reconfigure TLS connectors at runtime without
>   stopping the connector
>
> - Stricter validation of the Host header
>
> Along with lots of other bug fixes and improvements.
>

> For full details, see the changelog:
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tomcat/trunk/webapps/docs/changelog.xml
>
> It can be obtained from:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomcat/tomcat-9/v9.0.1/
> The Maven staging repo is:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetomcat-1156/
> The svn tag is:
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tomcat/tags/TOMCAT_9_0_1/
>
> The proposed 9.0.1 release is:
> [ ] Broken - do not release
> [ ] Alpha  - go ahead and release as 9.0.1
> [X] Beta   - go ahead and release as 9.0.1
> [ ] Stable - go ahead and release as 9.0.1

Regards,
Violeta

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Tomcat 9.0.1

Posted by Rainer Jung <ra...@kippdata.de>.
Am 28.09.2017 um 20:29 schrieb Rainer Jung:
> Am 27.09.2017 um 20:43 schrieb Mark Thomas:
>> The proposed Apache Tomcat 9.0.1 release is now available for voting.
>>
>> The major changes compared to the 9.0.0.M27 release are:
>>
>> - Fix CVE-2017-12617
>>
>> - Servlet 4.0 implementation is complete
>>
>> - Add the ability to reconfigure TLS connectors at runtime without
>>    stopping the connector
>>
>> - Stricter validation of the Host header
>>
>> Along with lots of other bug fixes and improvements.
>>

>> For full details, see the changelog:
>> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tomcat/trunk/webapps/docs/changelog.xml
>>
>> It can be obtained from:
>> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomcat/tomcat-9/v9.0.1/
>> The Maven staging repo is:
>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetomcat-1156/
>> The svn tag is:
>> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tomcat/tags/TOMCAT_9_0_1/
>>
>> The proposed 9.0.1 release is:
>> [ ] Broken - do not release
>> [ ] Alpha  - go ahead and release as 9.0.1
>> [X] Beta   - go ahead and release as 9.0.1
>> [ ] Stable - go ahead and release as 9.0.1
>
> +1 to release as alpha.

I wanted to vote +1 to release as beta. "alpha" was a copy and paste
typo. Sorry and thanks to Felix for noticing.

Regards,

Rainer

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Tomcat 9.0.1

Posted by Felix Schumacher <fe...@internetallee.de>.

Am 28. September 2017 20:29:19 MESZ schrieb Rainer Jung <ra...@kippdata.de>:
>Am 27.09.2017 um 20:43 schrieb Mark Thomas:
>> The proposed Apache Tomcat 9.0.1 release is now available for voting.
>>
>> The major changes compared to the 9.0.0.M27 release are:
>>
>> - Fix CVE-2017-12617
>>
>> - Servlet 4.0 implementation is complete
>>
>> - Add the ability to reconfigure TLS connectors at runtime without
>>    stopping the connector
>>
>> - Stricter validation of the Host header
>>
>> Along with lots of other bug fixes and improvements.
>>

>> For full details, see the changelog:
>>
>http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tomcat/trunk/webapps/docs/changelog.xml
>>
>> It can be obtained from:
>> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomcat/tomcat-9/v9.0.1/
>> The Maven staging repo is:
>>
>https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetomcat-1156/
>> The svn tag is:
>> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tomcat/tags/TOMCAT_9_0_1/
>>
>> The proposed 9.0.1 release is:
>> [ ] Broken - do not release
>> [ ] Alpha  - go ahead and release as 9.0.1
>> [X] Beta   - go ahead and release as 9.0.1
>> [ ] Stable - go ahead and release as 9.0.1
>
>+1 to release as alpha.

Did you mean alpha? Why did you check beta above?

Regards,
 Felix

Posted by Rainer Jung <ra...@kippdata.de>.

[RESULTS][VOTE] Release Apache Tomcat 9.0.1

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
The following votes were cast:

Binding:
+1 (beta): markt, remm, rjung, huxing, violetagg, csutherl

No other vote were cast.

The vote therefore passes.

Thanks to everyone who contributed to this release.

Mark

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Tomcat 9.0.1

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
On 27/09/17 19:43, Mark Thomas wrote:
> The proposed Apache Tomcat 9.0.1 release is now available for voting.
>
> The major changes compared to the 9.0.0.M27 release are:
>
> - Fix CVE-2017-12617
>
> - Servlet 4.0 implementation is complete
>
> - Add the ability to reconfigure TLS connectors at runtime without
>   stopping the connector
>
> - Stricter validation of the Host header
>
> Along with lots of other bug fixes and improvements.
>

> For full details, see the changelog:
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tomcat/trunk/webapps/docs/changelog.xml
>
> It can be obtained from:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomcat/tomcat-9/v9.0.1/
> The Maven staging repo is:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetomcat-1156/
> The svn tag is:
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tomcat/tags/TOMCAT_9_0_1/
>
> The proposed 9.0.1 release is:
> [ ] Broken - do not release
> [ ] Alpha  - go ahead and release as 9.0.1
> [X] Beta   - go ahead and release as 9.0.1
> [ ] Stable - go ahead and release as 9.0.1

Unit tests pass for NIO, NIO2 and APR/native (with 1.2.14) on Windows,
OSX and Linux.

Mark