Posted to dev@openjpa.apache.org by Kevin Sutter <kw...@gmail.com> on 2007/07/20 22:47:40 UTC

Re: [CONF] OpenJPA: OpenJPA Up Close and Personal (page edited)

Hi Patrick,
Can we nail down the call-in numbers soon?  It doesn't look promising that
those of us in Minnesota will be able to attend...  :-(  So, call-in numbers
would be appreciated.  Thanks!

Kevin

Posted by Craig L Russell <Cr...@Sun.COM>.
Hi,

On Jul 20, 2007, at 1:52 PM, Patrick Linskey wrote:

> Will do. My call-in info is at my office, and I'm at home today, but
> I'll update the invite with that info soon.
>
> If I don't screw it up, we can even record the audio bits!
>
> Also, I've booked a conf room at the BEA offices in San Jose, so I'll
> update with directions etc. I think that I prefer the BEA offices to
> Sun offices, because BEA has very low security requirements to get
> people into the building, whereas Sun requires the agreement of
> squadrons of legal people and careful coordination with the
> registration computer.

This is just a bit off. Sun doesn't require anyone from legal to get
involved. Sun does require a list of physical attendees' names before
the meeting, for national security purposes. I'm shocked, shocked,
that BEA has gotten a waiver from NSA to allow any old persistence
expert to attend an on-site meeting of this gravity.

I have a backup call-in number in case Patrick has a problem with his.

Craig

> [...]
>> sponsor is
>> > not necessarily the person actually presenting / leading the
>> discussion for
>> > a given item.
>> > Venue
>> >
>> > There may be conference space at BEA's headquarters in San Jose,
>> near the
>> > airport.
>> >
>> > There will be a dial-in number as well.
>> > Local Transportation Logistics  Attendee Location Carpool
>> needed? Carpool
>> > space  Patrick Linskey San Francisco No 3 seats
>> >
>> >    Powered by Atlassian Confluence<http://www.atlassian.com/
>> software/confluence/default.jsp?clicked=footer>(Version:
>> > 2.2.9 Build:#527 Sep 07, 2006) - Bug/feature request<http://
>> jira.atlassian.com/secure/BrowseProject.jspa?id=10470>

>> cwiki.apache.org/confluence/users/viewnotifications.action>

Craig Russell
408 276-5638 mailto:Craig.Russell@sun.com
P.S. A good JDO? O, Gasp!

Re: [CONF] OpenJPA: OpenJPA Up Close and Personal (page edited)

Posted by Patrick Linskey <pl...@gmail.com>.