Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Ben Roubicek <be...@marketfish.com> on 2011/07/14 21:45:47 UTC

Solr Request Logging

I am using the trunk version of solr and I am getting a ton more logging information than I really care to see and definitely more than 1.4, but I cant really see a way to change it.

A little background:
I am faceting on fields that have a very high number of distinct values and also returning large numbers of documents in a sharded environment.

For example:
INFO: [core1] webapp=/solr path=/select params={facet=true&attr_lng_rng_low.revenue__terms=<a lot of distinct values>& moreParams ...}

Another example:
INFO: [core1] webapp=/solr path=/select params={facet=false&facet.mincount=1&ids=<a lot of document ids>&moreParams...}

In just a few minutes, I have racked up 10MB of log my dev environment.   Any ideas for a sane way of handling these messages?  I imagine its slowing down Solr as well.

Thanks
-Ben

Re: Solr Request Logging

Posted by Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org>.
: I am using the trunk version of solr and I am getting a ton more logging
: information than I really care to see and definitely more than 1.4, but
: I cant really see a way to change it.

http://wiki.apache.org/solr/SolrLogging

-Hoss